Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how much data people's cars use without actually using it as a WiFi hotspot. Ours appears to have gone through it's monthly allowance of 500mb in about three weeks and I have no idea what it's downloading.
Maybe it's listing to podcasts at night to keep itself from being bored. Seriously though is there anywhere that gives a breakdown of usage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same issue on my 19 plate P250..... 500Mb seems to vanish quite quickly with all the settings on low usage, no Satellite view & WI-FI Hotspot disabled.
I have ended up buying an EE Flex Sim with 2GB a month as the standard Ubigi SIM was quite costly to top up

·
Registered
36 Posts
You were lucky with 3 weeks. Mine got used up in 2. I have no idea why. I then bought a family useage SIM (extra data SIM that the data allowance can be shared) via EE. No issue now.

Ubigi are very expensive to top up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine was getting through a fair bit of data and realised my iPhone was set to update over WiFi. So every time it connects to the car WiFi it was updating apps. Changed settings and it has slowed down the usage.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I suspect mine is accessing Gracenote, the music database, as on a trip tonight only playing CDs ripped to a USB stick, flac sounds great with the Meridian system, it used 3mb in an hour and a half.
That still wouldn't account for the 500mg in 28 days though, so not entirely sure what it's doing as I can't find any analysis of usage.

G

·
Neil1314 said:
I suspect mine is accessing Gracenote, the music database, as on a trip tonight only playing CDs ripped to a USB stick, flac sounds great with the Meridian system, it used 3mb in an hour and a half.
That still wouldn't account for the 500mg in 28 days though, so not entirely sure what it's doing as I can't find any analysis of usage.
One can restrict the usage per month in the connectivity settings. I don't restrict mine but I use about 1Gb per month and don't do any streaming of music or videos, so I guess it gets used with Nav and traffic and as others say if you have your phone set to refresh apps and background stuff only on WiFi then as soon as you connect to your SIM in the car it starts churning away

1 - 9 of 9 Posts