Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out on a long journey that we can deactivate the adaptive part to just get normal cruise control.
I couldn't to get used to adaptive cc as the car was always braking when I wouldn't have, I was losing comfort.
So after a while I found that you need to press the reduce distance switch for quite a while to access normal acc.

·
Registered
88 Posts
But equally, there is a degree of getting used to the adaptive. When you do, its brilliant! I generally use it set to 2 bars, as it brakes too early for me otherwise. While its engaged if you think its going to brake when you don't want it to (e.g. because you are about to overtake on the motorway, you can just nudge the throttle to override it momentarily, change lane and you keep going.
Also worth knowing that if you push the left/right buttons with the cruise off, it adjusts the sensitivity of the forward collision alerts.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is way too much traffic to use it in the south of France where almost nobody respects safety distance ^^ so every time a car shows up in between the car brakes..

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have to agree with Matt on this. The adaptive CC takes some getting used to. For the first time your car is braking frequently uncommanded and it feels very wrong, but eventually you will become accustomed to it and then a whole new world of driving pleasure awaits.
In Sydney all toll tunnels have speed cameras. As I enter each tunnel I activate ACC and relax knowing I won't get booked. Mostly I deactivate after the tunnel because ACC doesn't cope with red lights or approaching a stationary group of cars.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't get me wrong it's brilliant on uncrowded highways or quite the opposite in traffic jam. Not so much when other drivers don't respect safety distance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.