Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dreaded shortage of chips & semi-conductors has hit my delivery, was late Sept. but is now mid Dec. The dealer informs me that nearly all Jag (and other makes/models) are similarly affected. Anyone else got the same issue??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes I'm not sure that we get the full picture from the dealership. I ordered a new E Pace R Dynamic Black 2.0 Petrol at the start of June and was quoted delivery for end of September. This appears very unlikely to me from what I've read and various anecdotal stories. One silver lining is that my XE Sport has already gone up in value by over £2,000 since then and the dealership Sales Manager has promised me that he will adjust the PX value when the new car is built. I will believe it when it happens and I do think the used car market has some way to go yet. I'm not relying on that though as my previous experience with a well known Jaguar franchise in the south of England was not a happy one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was in the process of placing an order just over a week ago with the expectation of delivery Feb/March next year. I've was then informed that Jaguar and LR has stopped taking orders for some models altogether and on the models that could still be ordered various options would be unavailable for the foreseeable future, surround camera, clearsight and HUD being the ones quoted to me. For the moment I've paused the order as i cant get the configuration i want.
On the bright side I've found a very low mileage approved used to play with while I wait for the order books to reopen no doubt with MY2023

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dreaded shortage of chips & semi-conductors has hit my delivery, was late Sept. but is now mid Dec. The dealer informs me that nearly all Jag (and other makes/models) are similarly affected. Anyone else got the same issue??
Update on this issue....my new car is now expected in late April 2022!! So late I've bought a second hand E-Pace DR SE P200 whilst I'm waiting, hey ho.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Update on this issue....my new car is now expected in late April 2022!! So late I've bought a second hand E-Pace DR SE P200 whilst I'm waiting, hey ho.
Yes they seem to push them into the next quarter. Ridiculous! You cannot trust any long term date.
I at the beginning of December decided on dealership advice to take off the 3D camera. One of the many updates of Vista2 said I had up to Feb 22 to do this for delivery in April.
Asking for an update this week I’m told the 3Dcamera cannot be taken off and there are now no amendments that can be made with the delivery date still being the end of April. Ordered in mid June. Total nonsense from the factory. They don’t lockdown a car 4 months before build. Can only hope that it arrives sometime in the next quarter before April as the dates are just fantasy.

Seeing a lot 71 plate non Jaguars on the road now. All with green flash number plates.

A bit of rumour I heard was that they were making electric and hybrid vehicles in abundance before year end to meet government emission build targets. Don’t know if this is true but might explain why none are receiving d200s etc.
For the smug. Electric powered cars do not fit into the hilly rural area where you drive 60 miles for shops or services. I will not poison the planet with old car batteries!!

So a wish for the New Year, start building the MHEVs. Get a grip Jaguar, sort yourself out and try some good old fashioned customer relations.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes they seem to push them into the next quarter. Ridiculous! You cannot trust any long term date.
I at the beginning of December decided on dealership advice to take off the 3D camera. One of the many updates of Vista2 said I had up to Feb 22 to do this for delivery in April.
Asking for an update this week I’m told the 3Dcamera cannot be taken off and there are now no amendments that can be made with the delivery date still being the end of April. Ordered in mid June. Total nonsense from the factory. They don’t lockdown a car 4 months before build. Can only hope that it arrives sometime in the next quarter before April as the dates are just fantasy.

Seeing a lot 71 plate non Jaguars on the road now. All with green flash number plates.

A bit of rumour I heard was that they were making electric and hybrid vehicles in abundance before year end to meet government emission build targets. Don’t know if this is true but might explain why none are receiving d200s etc.
For the smug. Electric powered cars do not fit into the hilly rural area where you drive 60 miles for shops or services. I will not poison the planet with old car batteries!!

So a wish for the New Year, start building the MHEVs. Get a grip Jaguar, sort yourself out and try some good old fashioned customer relations.

Take heart, my late April 22 delivery has just been moved forward to 1st March 22, only snag is no-one told me until the amendment cut off date had passed, i'll believe it when it's built!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Take heart, my late April 22 delivery has just been moved forward to 1st March 22, only snag is no-one told me until the amendment cut off date had passed, i'll believe it when it's built!!
Brilliant. I’m trying to get an update from the dealer at the moment. It seems that every 71 plate I see (and there are many) at the moment is a hybrid, so hopefully with all targets met they start on the old fashioned fuels. My final date for amendments was end of February but the car was locked in in November! Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes I'm not sure that we get the full picture from the dealership. I ordered a new E Pace R Dynamic Black 2.0 Petrol at the start of June and was quoted delivery for end of September. This appears very unlikely to me from what I've read and various anecdotal stories. One silver lining is that my XE Sport has already gone up in value by over £2,000 since then and the dealership Sales Manager has promised me that he will adjust the PX value when the new car is built. I will believe it when it happens and I do think the used car market has some way to go yet. I'm not relying on that though as my previous experience with a well known Jaguar franchise in the south of England was not a happy one.
Have you got your car yet? We ordered a Black edition P200 and was told we have to reconfigure the order as they no longer do the P200. Orders in Sept and they informed us of this last week.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Jaguar Order Update!!! APR!!

Just been in to the Jaguar dealership to adjust our September order (Black Edt P200 E-Pace - no longer available) to a P250 SE - spec'ed up to a black edition (privacy glass/suede H Lining/ wheels/ black ext pack). However the quote is now 5.9% APR and not the original 3.9% APR

Has anyone else come across this??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts