Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AD-Pace, i think you have misinterpreted my question.
I didn't mean from order but from build date. I have a build date of this Friday and was just wondering how long they are taking to ship from Austria to dealers in the UK.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm expecting delivery of my vehicle,1st week of Feb. It was ordered by the dealer mid Nov. So about 10 weeks. It may be taking longer as it a replacement for a faulty evoque. I'm hoping it will be good, but, Im not hopeful.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes. Long story short: - I had spec'd my car very carefully just under the £40k tax limit and ordered in September. My dealer added the rear power socket feature (£150?) without telling me because he was told by JLR that it would speed up the delivery date as all early cars were being made in Solihull and had that feature as standard. I spotted it in my config and pointed out that although it was meant to be a "no-charge" feature the tax system would count it as an extra and put me over the limit. So they had to change the order and put my production slot and delivery back by several weeks. The dealer suddenly realised that shipping from Austria would take longer! Shambles all round between the dealer and JLR. As I therefore was being forced to have a gap between my last car lease ending (31/12), and a new car delivery I looked again at the market and switched to an XC40. Added a month to my gap, but got my full deposit back from the JLR dealer and a much better deal and spec for my budget from Volvo. Sorry that wasn't very short!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
PJM
I couldn't have written that better myself. That's exactly what I did. I've also told my dealer if it's not here by 1st April they can keep it as the other extra diesel tax kicks in. How's the Volvo in case I have to go that way?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I won't see the XC40 until say 3rd week of Feb and we will only tax from March 1st. There are none to be seen yet in dealers, not even demonstrators. I did get to see, touch and feel (but not drive) "the only one in the country" back in early December. It looked amazing inside and out (certainly not ugly!), and the First Edition spec is way ahead of all the competition for a price just under the tax limit. A loss leader deal I think to get the model launched out into the market, unlike the ePace First Edition deal. If you configured the full Volvo First Edition spec onto another XC40 base model - say R-Design Pro, it would cost at least £7k more. £50k plus for a similar spec on an ePace.

·
Registered
2 Posts
pjm007 said:
Yes. Long story short: - I had spec'd my car very carefully just under the £40k tax limit and ordered in September. My dealer added the rear power socket feature (£150?) without telling me because he was told by JLR that it would speed up the delivery date as all early cars were being made in Solihull and had that feature as standard. I spotted it in my config and pointed out that although it was meant to be a "no-charge" feature the tax system would count it as an extra and put me over the limit. So they had to change the order and put my production slot and delivery back by several weeks. The dealer suddenly realised that shipping from Austria would take longer! Shambles all round between the dealer and JLR. As I therefore was being forced to have a gap between my last car lease ending (31/12), and a new car delivery I looked again at the market and switched to an XC40. Added a month to my gap, but got my full deposit back from the JLR dealer and a much better deal and spec for my budget from Volvo. Sorry that wasn't very short!
For the record your dealer is telling few lies.

The E-pace is only being built in Austria,There is no production for the E-Pace in solihull.
The cost to set up the factory to build the car for a few months would be huge.

I Imagine the dealership only had a few build slots so either added the feature by mistake and missed the window to change it or they already had a car on order they could change and just forgot to take that off.
And when you noticed and they went to re order they didn't have any slots left until the following month hence the delay.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts