Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to trade in their vehicle yet? I was told by my dealer when I purchased my E Pace that this car would hold it's value as it was a new model and would be a popular model. However I was disgusted to find that my car had depreciated 36% in a year. I've said it before but I mean it this time, I'm never buying a new car again.

·
Registered
97 Posts
36% depreciation after one year is a lot and I'm surprised at that figure but bare in mind that depreciation is highest from new, ie the first year, and as the years go by it will depreciate by smaller amounts per year but if your looking to trade in after one year sounds like leasing could be cheaper for you

·
Registered
16 Posts
I asked our dealer what the depreciation would be after one year and after three years. He said he couldn't give me a figure for three years (obviously).
However, as a guide, a D180 SE R-Dynamic with extras, that he had sold new one year ago for around £40,000 and now had 11,200 miles on the clock, had just been put on the used forecourt for £32,000.
He said its owner had probably traded in for £28,000.
I make that a first-year value of 70% of price new. Since first-year depreciation is the stinging bit, a three-year-old E-Pace will probably be hovering around 45-50% when that time comes.
He also said there was no appreciable depreciation difference between petrol and diesel (and that 75% of buyers went for black wheels).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts