Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one experienced diesel fumes entering the car when coming to a stop at junctions etc. not every time but on occasions. The vehicle has been back to the dealers a number of times and no faults detected!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, same here.

Dealer says it is normal. Dealer said it is burning wax from building the car. Should disapear after some time......
I don not believe in the wax story. After over 2k km it is still there!

Car will go back again for troubleshooting. I have a lot of other issues with my E-Pace. I am not satisfied at all with the quality of this car!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sending mine back to dealer in a few days time for checks as I have same problem.
Just like you yours it doesn't happen all the time but when it does it's most unpleasant.
Have they managed to find the fault yet?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone else got this problem?
I returned my car for investigations and the dealer said they had fixed a "leaky gasket" but it has not cured the problem.
It doesn't happen very often, but when it does it's not only unpleasant but embarrassing if you have passengers.
I find myself apologising and that can't be right for a £40,000 plus car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My F-Pace has been in the garage for the last 5 weeks with a series of recurring problems that I wont go in to, but I have been driving an E-Pace courtesy car for the last 4 weeks (previous week was in an XE with faulty exhaust). To cut a long story short, I too have the same problem with fumes entering the cabin upon stopping at a junction / traffic lights. The level of fumes is now becoming unbearable to the point that it makes your eyes water. My kids were complaining heavily on our last trip together on Saturday and said it smelled like an airplane, which is a very apt description as it smells just like when an airplane starts up and taxi's backwards....I suppose from the aux power source at the back of the airplane.

Anyway, I have mentioned this to the dealership and have requested that I take it back for a safety check on Thursday, so I will provide an update then.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had exhaust problems during startup leak into the cabin also.

Fix attempt #1 - dealer installed a smoke detector and found an exhaust leak. Reapplied vent cement
Fix attempt #2 - dealer installed an exhaust smoke tester and found another leak, Applied muffler cement to repair

Fix attempt #3 - perform cold and warm air smoke test, could not find anymore leaks, but believe cold air engine starts may always have a small amount of exhaust smell "rich" smells during startup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts