Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner

Diesel fumes in the car

8K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  ian3477 
#1 ·
Has any one experienced diesel fumes entering the car when coming to a stop at junctions etc. not every time but on occasions. The vehicle has been back to the dealers a number of times and no faults detected!

#2 ·
Yes, same here.

Dealer says it is normal. Dealer said it is burning wax from building the car. Should disapear after some time......
I don not believe in the wax story. After over 2k km it is still there!

Car will go back again for troubleshooting. I have a lot of other issues with my E-Pace. I am not satisfied at all with the quality of this car!

#4 ·
Has anyone else got this problem?
I returned my car for investigations and the dealer said they had fixed a "leaky gasket" but it has not cured the problem.
It doesn't happen very often, but when it does it's not only unpleasant but embarrassing if you have passengers.
I find myself apologising and that can't be right for a £40,000 plus car.

#7 ·
My F-Pace has been in the garage for the last 5 weeks with a series of recurring problems that I wont go in to, but I have been driving an E-Pace courtesy car for the last 4 weeks (previous week was in an XE with faulty exhaust). To cut a long story short, I too have the same problem with fumes entering the cabin upon stopping at a junction / traffic lights. The level of fumes is now becoming unbearable to the point that it makes your eyes water. My kids were complaining heavily on our last trip together on Saturday and said it smelled like an airplane, which is a very apt description as it smells just like when an airplane starts up and taxi's backwards....I suppose from the aux power source at the back of the airplane.

Anyway, I have mentioned this to the dealership and have requested that I take it back for a safety check on Thursday, so I will provide an update then.

#8 ·
Had exhaust problems during startup leak into the cabin also.

Fix attempt #1 - dealer installed a smoke detector and found an exhaust leak. Reapplied vent cement
Fix attempt #2 - dealer installed an exhaust smoke tester and found another leak, Applied muffler cement to repair

Fix attempt #3 - perform cold and warm air smoke test, could not find anymore leaks, but believe cold air engine starts may always have a small amount of exhaust smell "rich" smells during startup

#9 ·
Yes! 2019 e pace with 21k on the clock!
Exactly as described...the unmistakable smell of diesel exhaust in the cabin!
Happens when car is either stopped or in slow moving traffic.
Coming in through vents!!
Local dealer ...had never heard of it??
Contacted JLR UK, who have taken an interest...I wait to see if there is real interest...or if I am going to be fobbed off!
Can't have the family inhaling exhaust fumes!!
My advice to others suffering this "fault" do the same, log with JLR UK!
I am reading the same issue from owners all over the globe!
I3477

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.