Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to disable this function for going through the carwash or doesn't it give any problems....don't want opening the trunk automatically when drivin' through....?

·
Registered
184 Posts
It's a good question, my dog sets it off if he nips under the corner of the car, and it does do it even when locked (so long as the key is within range).

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes indeed, it even opens when the car is locked as long as the key is in the range...that's why i'm afraid to go to the carwash....when it opens when driving through :unsure:

·
Registered
294 Posts
By not going through a car wash your doing the paintwork a favour anyway😆. In addition to marring the paint a bit each time, these automatic car washes never wash wheels inside the barrels, door shuts, rubber seals etc etc, and seldom if at all dry the car leaving water spots even if they add rinse additives to the water.

I appreciate not everyone has the driveway or physical ability to wash their own car and in those circumstances your choices are limited. Personally I would leave it dirty for longer and just take it to a local detailing company to wash it properly which is typical £15-20 depending on what’s done.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ok, I think this is the definitive answer having just checked on my car (but please verify with your own car..!)

Car locked and remote key in range - gesture works
Car locked and key not in range - obviously you can gesture all you like it'll never open
Car running and remote key in the car - gesture doesn't work (makes sense, this is like being stopped at traffic lights when you don't particularly want people opening the boot)
Car running and remote key in range eg. in your pocket and you've got out - gesture works

So car wash should be safe if key remains in car.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok thanks, normally i don't use carwash but when i don't have time to clean it manually, i will. I had seen a video of an Evoque in a carwash opening the boot automatically. That's why i was afraid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts