Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all ,
just wondering about going on holiday, thinking if i need to leave the battery disconnected for say 2 months, if so with the battery out :
will the car lock and unlock ?
will i need any codes to reset radio windows or any other recalibration required on reconnecting the battery (assuming i can open the car)
or is it best to have one off those solar charger connected to battery charger be the better solution ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
A solar charger can be connected to the OBD port. 2months is quite long, but a solar charger should work OK. I've not left mine that long, maybe 4 weeks at the most and though I had low battery, the solar charger must have worked OK as the car started without issue.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mine was fine after using a solar charger for two months. Dec - Jan and parked in a shady spot, so not a lot of sun on it. You can buy different sizes, mine is 6.0W which is quite big.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2019 E Pace is left for 3 months every year March to May in our garage, as we vsit Cyprus for our break. Last year because of Covid the three months turned into Four and a half months. on our return the car started first time. No charges used.

·
Registered
92 Posts
That's interesting. Before buying the solar charger I had a flat battery after one month in an airport car park. That was over two years ago and the battery has been fine since, so I don't think it was faulty. Maybe the battery drain depends on what equipment is fitted. Mine has keyless entry, for example. I don't know if that drains the vehicle battery as well as the key fob one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It might be the battery itself.
I had a solar charge on the car since April 2020 due to lockdown and car was fine with little/no use until September, even the start and stop was working straight after switching it on. Since October, I started getting low battery warning every time, even after driving the car for 30 minutes. Jaguar refused to acknowledge that the battery has an issue and I have spent months arguing with them until the car went off the warranty, so now I'm stuck with a battery that doesn't hold the charge even with the solar charger connected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.