Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Just traded my Discovery 3 in for a 20 E Pace that I pick up Sunday.

Looking forward to great tech, reliability, excellent mpg and DAB. Easy to say all that coming from a 12 year old Discovery.

I purchased the "Chequered Flag" edition and really pleased with all the scpec that comes with it. Have spent a while reading through a lot of the threads on here to better try to understand the connect pro but I'm guessing I will pick it up as I go.

What is everyones view on buying GAP? Didn't want to pay £750 at the showroom.

Richie

·
Registered
183 Posts
Welcome Richie

Personally I've never bothered with GAP at all, but I believe it's significantly cheaper to source that independently. Have a look at What Car or Auto Express and see if they've covered potential suppliers.

On the tech and reliability I hope your expectations are met. I haven't had any serious problems so far (6 months in), but the infotainment can be a bit glitchy. MPG will be nothing like the stated but that's true of all manufacturers.

Which petrol or diesel have you gone for?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You
Have gone for the 180D so expecting a bit better than the 23mpg currently getting.

Admiral have quoted £280 for the duration so that isn't a bad bet.

I guess every car is going to have it's glitches I hope the good outways the bad, it's been out for a few years now so hopefully Jaguar will have sorted most of the gremlins.

I see yours is fully specced. Is there anything on it you couldn't be without now?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Check out return to invoice cover with ALA. who are a sponsor on here. The policy was a lot cheaper yet it's better cover. I had it with my previous car and transferred part of the policy remaining. Discount code available for forum members just check the section above.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Richie092 said:
Thank You
Have gone for the 180D so expecting a bit better than the 23mpg currently getting.

I guess every car is going to have it's glitches I hope the good outways the bad, it's been out for a few years now so hopefully Jaguar will have sorted most of the gremlins.

I see yours is fully specced. Is there anything on it you couldn't be without now?
I haven't done a proper brim to brim calculation for mpg but the car tells me I'm getting high 20s on normal use (urban plus A road commutes of 15 miles each way) and high 30s on longer A road or motorway trips.

I love the panoramic roof, makes it so airy. Powered tailgate excellent (I have gesture too which is good once you learn the knack). Power folding mirrors essential. Adaptive cruise I use all the time. Keyless entry I'm used to on previous car but could live without if I had to.

G

·
Richie092 said:
Thank You

Richie

I keep a check on my mileage since birth and the average is around 36 mpg after 20k miles and that is now mostly short journeys. I have D180 S Auto.

As others have said the software can be a bit glitchy but each newer version is more stable.

A few owners of the D150 do report problems with the DPF but this can mostly be avoided with a regular run on the dual carriageway or motorway.

Hope you enjoy your new car 😀

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies. Will update on my mpg once I have had it a few weeks - I see 40mpg as a challenge now :)

Will take a look at the GAP you mentioned as the Admiral site just wont work for me.

Enjoy the weekend all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi All

The DPF issues are a design fault although they will blame your "drive cycle" as the DPF does not like short journeys even though the garage does not advise you of this...…..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.