Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, new to the Jaguar brand, and have Just taken delivery of my E-Pace D150, from a Leasing Broker, ordered last November!

Ordered R-Dynamic S with Upgrade to Heated Front and Rear Seats.

Arrived today with no heated rear seats.

They tell me JLR made a mistake at the factory, and missed it off?

JLR apparently not prepared to do anything to rectify. I can hand the car back ,cancel the order and start again, waiting another 4 months ( but they wont hold the price!), or keep it.

Real shame of a first experience of Jaguar!

Also no Apple Car Play!, which I was told would be included , broker now tells me the software isn't available? which differs to others experiences on this forum.

Really not good start to being new to the brand.

Am I able to get my local dealer to sort the software upgrade for Apple Car Play? I have the in control pro pack ok?

Thank

Mark

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mhnichols said:
HI, new to the Jaguar brand, and have Just taken delivery of my E-Pace D150, from a Leasing Broker, ordered last November!

JLR apparently not prepared to do anything to rectify. I can hand the car back ,cancel the order and start again, waiting another 4 months ( but they wont hold the price!), or keep it.

Also no Apple Car Play!, which I was told would be included , broker now tells me the software isn't available? which differs to others experiences on this forum.

Am I able to get my local dealer to sort the software upgrade for Apple Car Play? I have the in control pro pack ok?

Thank

Mark
Good Morning Mark

I am deeply sorry to learn of your comments. This is not the experience we wish for our customers to have.

Please may I request that you send me the following details and I would be more than happy to investigate for you:

Your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
Your personal contact details.
The retailer in which you have been in contact with.

In the meantime, should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

·
Registered
75 Posts
Same experience here, missed off my all season tyres and keyless entry. Dealer sorted tyres but I still don't have the car I ordered.

Basic quality control missing at the factory..even my 8 year old knows to check her work!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Same experience here, missed off my all season tyres and keyless entry. Dealer sorted tyres but I still don't have the car I ordered.

Basic quality control missing at the factory..even my 8 year old knows to check her work!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dan, @ Jaguar UK.

Thanks for getting in touch, do you have an email I can send the details to, this forum wont allow me to private message the details to you?

Kind Regards

Mark

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I am also new to Jaguar with a similar issue. Placed the order for the E Pace in December 2018. Car finally arrives on May 21 - wrong colour!

Leasing company and Dealer not interested in trying to fix. The options are accept it or reject it. Previous car went back the day before so left with no car. Repeat order went into JLR a couple of days later. New delivery date is mid September. If they can't get the basics right, as in colour, it doesn't surprise me to find they can't get 'smaller' options right. (Take a bow Westovers of Christchurch, Dorset)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi,

When I ordered I was given order details, luckily I was going through that and found a mistake which was not ordered by me, so maybe you can check your order details if you haven't already whats written there maybe you can then argue as basic colour has no additional cost and so on.

Thanks,
KJ

G

·
Mhnichols said:

Thank

Mark
Mark

In my opinion, the problem was almost certainly that the correct specification was not inputted in the first place and not the factory fault. I went to a main dealer to buy my Jaguar and the sales man and both went through the exact specification line by line to make sure it was correct and I have a copy of the input in my file.

Did the company you purchased it off give you a copy of the inputted specification for you to check as you will need this to show if the factory had indeed made a mistake.

I visited a local JLR factory in the UK and they check and check again every stage of manufacture but if the input is wrong then they will build the wrong spec

Hope you get things sorted out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
wjbyrne said:
Hi,

I am also new to Jaguar with a similar issue. Placed the order for the E Pace in December 2018. Car finally arrives on May 21 - wrong colour!

Leasing company and Dealer not interested in trying to fix. The options are accept it or reject it. Previous car went back the day before so left with no car. Repeat order went into JLR a couple of days later. New delivery date is mid September. If they can't get the basics right, as in colour, it doesn't surprise me to find they can't get 'smaller' options right. (Take a bow Westovers of Christchurch, Dorset)
Good Morning wjbyrne

Thank you for your post.

I am concerned to learn of your comments after your experience with your retailer.

If you require any assistance, please may I request that you provide the following details and I will look into your concern.

Your Vehicle Identification Number
Your personal contact details

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

·
Registered
8 Posts
On the original order I completed the brokers order form and put in the colour required - Corris Grey. Unfortunately, somewhere between the broker and the dealer the colour turned into Borasco Grey.

It never occurred to me to check that this was what was finally input into the system - it was the only option I chose (HSE spec has all the toys I require). I have seen the vista report on the second order and the colour is correct.

JLR have been trying to get me mobile while I wait for delivery but no one is taking responsibility for the mistake and are either unable or unwilling to help. JLR has appealed to Westovers but it has fallen on deaf ears. The only offer from Westovers is £300 of Jaguar accessories - just enough for mud flaps!

Any short term lease (3 months) or renting a car in the interim would come out of my pocket and is extremely costly for even a small car. It's actually cheaper to use Uber. (Miss the convenience of having a car outside the house)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts