Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier today I renewed the maps subscription on my soon to be three year old EPace at a cost of £129.00

Having purchased the subscription I tried to download the maps onto a USB stick using my Google Chromebook. Unfortunately, Google Chrome OS will not download the maps onto the USB stick. Nothing on the website warned of issues with Google Chrome. I contacted the customer service team at Jaguar but 'drew a blank' and am currently waiting for the dealership to call me back.

Has anyone else experienced a problem downloading via Chromebook? If so, did you get around the issue and how? I need to point out at this stage that I do not have a 'windows' machine available to me.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
84 Posts
According to the website (buried in the small print on the page where you buy the maps) 'Maps can be purchased on any device but can only be downloaded using a desktop computer. ' by which I think they mean a PC running Windows. The actual map download uses a proprietary piece of download software that runs on the PC, does the downloading and writes it to the USB stick. I believe the only way you are going to get this to work is by finding someone with a Windows PC willing to tie that up for some hours (the downloads are big and slow) logged in to your account. Also note the USB stick has to be FAT32 formatted, which Windows doesn't actually support for 64GB so if its not pre-formatted like that you need another tool to do that too.
It might be worth asking Here (who provide the mapping - www.here.com) for support direct, but they have given some really confusing advice to other people on this forum. Lets hope your dealer is willing to do the download for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, mattrapier, many thanks for your response and insight. I'll wait for the call from the dealer to see what they suggest and as you say hope they are willing to complete the download for me.

I clearly missed the technical bits in my eagerness to renew the subscription although I do feel more than a little annoyed that the staff at JLR customer support didn't mention the issue to me.

·
Registered
184 Posts
it does take hours and hours but I manage with a FAT32 formatted USB on a Mac running Chrome OS. Does need to be a large 64GB stick though

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks ‘twabrigs’. I have asked the dealer for assistance and they have obliged so the renewal data should be updated onto my car tomorrow morning.

I hope the factory also take on board the concerns and issues I have raised. My their own admission the process is overly complicated and confusing. This is why for the 2021 model year vehicles onwards the process is, I am told, less fiddly. It begs the question, if they knew the process was confusing why didn’t JLR as well as dealing with the new vehicles provide a ‘fix’ for those of us with vehicles not yet out of warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks ‘twabrigs’. I have asked the dealer for assistance and they have obliged so the renewal data should be updated onto my car tomorrow morning.

I hope the factory also take on board the concerns and issues I have raised. My their own admission the process is overly complicated and confusing. This is why for the 2021 model year vehicles onwards the process is, I am told, less fiddly. It begs the question, if they knew the process was confusing why didn’t JLR as well as dealing with the new vehicles provide a ‘fix’ for those of us with vehicles not yet out of warranty.
Just a quick follow up to say that the maps etc have now been renewed on my EPace. With thanks to Leanne and the service team at Guy Salmon (Sytner) Jaguar Maidstone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts