Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've just ordered my E-Pace. 180D AWD.
My question is do you think winter tyres are definitely a must-have for driving in snow? My dealer says the E-Pace will do just fine with all-seasons, but I have my doubts...
Btw, I live in Luxembourg, where it never snows more than a couple of times every year.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think your dealer is right, why need winter tyres if there's just a little bit of snow..i live in the netherlands and same weather as where you live, i also have all season tyres and they do just fine. there's more grip on the road then normal tyres and a big plus..you don't have to change the tyres every end of summer/winter.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Driving in snow might be just a part of winter challenge, most of the times ice and icy tarmac
causes a more difficult and dangerous situation.
What about driving in summertime with all season
tires? They're quite different from real summer ones,
they're probably made of a softer compound and will get abraded in a short time. In my opinion, in both seasons you'll have low level performances.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The Goodyear Wrangler all-weather tyres on my Freelander 2 which I recently traded in for my E-Pace had done 30,000 miles and still had a couple of thousand miles left in them. The Freelander is heavier than the E-Pace, with almost the same horse power. I never had a moments concern about their performance. Okay, that are not track-day specials but for most of the purposes you have in mind all weather tyres will be just fine 365 x 24 x7.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts