Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
I have a quick question
I ordered my new E-Pace (AWD D150) on 21.08.19, on 26.08.19 i contacted my dealer to make a minor change on my order (add roof railings) and he said it was no longer possible as they had just gotten confirmation from Jaguar that my car was already scheduled for production and will be delivered beginning of October 2019.
My question is, does it really take 6 weeks for jaguar (or Magna in Austria for that matter) to build an E-Pace?
Does anyone know how can one follow up online the production/build of my E-Pace order?
I live in germany and ordered the car from a German Jaguar dealer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Most manufacturers have lead times of up to 12-14 weeks for a factory build order and the car is committed for production changes cannot be made so that much sounds normal in your case. You have actually got a fairly reasonable timeframe which is no doubt helped by your proximity to Austria

It doesn't take six weeks to build the car but it does normally take a month for the car to get from the factory to the dealership as they get shipped in batches depending on trains, ships (not in your case of course) and lorries and will spend time in various compounds in between stages of the journey

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Meno010,
I too live in Germany and made small additions to my original order, however my delivery time was 4 Months, not 6 weeks.
I would have thought that roof rails would not have been a problem as they could also fit them at the dealers after the delivery,
you should contact your dealer and ask if he could do that for you, you should also post this in the customer relations forum section,
maybe they could help you, or contact the dispatcher for your dealer.

William.

·
Registered
100 Posts
We ordered in late January and received the car in late April. R-Dynamic SE P250 with some options.

Williamsplace said:
Hi Meno010,
I too live in Germany and made small additions to my original order, however my delivery time was 4 Months, not 6 weeks.
I would have thought that roof rails would not have been a problem as they could also fit them at the dealers after the delivery,
you should contact your dealer and ask if he could do that for you, you should also post this in the customer relations forum section,
maybe they could help you, or contact the dispatcher for your dealer.

William.
Rof rails aren't a dealer fit option (roof bars are).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts