Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the many complaints on the Forum over issues with the new E Pace, [my own has a few, some annoyingly intermittent (eg.radio, stop/start) and the worse being run away throttle (twice)], is there any way that the Forum can collate and send to Jaguar Corporate for comment/action?

Whilst my dealer admits that they have a number of dissatisfied customers and are trying to rectify (helpfully) as best they can, the comment they tend to make is "well its a new car and early versions will have faults and we rely on the customer to alert us as they occur" - great!!

I'm sure that both the dealer and Jaguar have a legal duty to ensure that their vehicles are as described, fit for purpose and safe.

Any legal minds out there that could advise?

PS. I bought a new "S" Type Jag when they were first released back in 1999 (from the same Dealer) and had no real problems with it over the 5 years I owned it. Perhaps today's advanced technology is just not man enough?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi jack1947
I understand your frustrations. I also have issues with the runaway throttle and at times find it alarming. Dealers say nothing showing up on system. Was your issue resolved? If so what was the cause. Anyone else experienced this
R

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello

The runaway throttle problem was investigated but nothing was found. The technician said that he would pass a report on to Jaguar for a response, but so far nothing. Fortunately, I have a manual box and de-clutch and hit the engine stop, but scary. On restart, all is back to normal. The car is booked in for a series of checks at the dealer. We shall see.

·
Registered
86 Posts
To be honest, I read these forums out of curiosity. I suspect that the vast majority of cub owners do not visit. I also suspect that the vast majority of us do not have this level of problems but rather are busy enjoying the car. It is likely that those owners who have genuine problems and concerns are more likely to search out this kind of forum and post here. Thus by reading these forums we are not getting a clear picture of the level of problems, just the overall potential problems that hopefully most owners will never have.

G

·
WaywardFaun said:
To be honest, I read these forums out of curiosity. I suspect that the vast majority of cub owners do not visit. I also suspect that the vast majority of us do not have this level of problems but rather are busy enjoying the car. It is likely that those owners who have genuine problems and concerns are more likely to search out this kind of forum and post here. Thus by reading these forums we are not getting a clear picture of the level of problems, just the overall potential problems that hopefully most owners will never have.
A very good point and well said.

I have had a few of the minor problems like the SIM card not connecting and reflections on the windscreen but to be honest they are very insignificant . I have had my E-Pace now for a month and have enjoyed having it immensely.

However, don't get me started on how cheap and nasty the rear parcel shelf is !!!! :x It must have been made by some six year old in a far off land. I wonder if there is a third party making a nice one :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts