Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 12 years driving BMW X5 Diesel (first for 4 years second for 8 years both from new) I am about to return to petrol and also change brands.
I am now close to choosing between Jaguar E Pace S. P200 AWD or Volvo XC40 Momentum T4 AWD. With the options etc they are very close to the same price and delivery time. I am due for test drives in the next 10 days.
Jaguar is my favourite as I have loved the brand however the Volvo is car of the year and you get a little more for the simmilar money.
Frankly just looking for a few pushes one way or the other from existing E Pace owners. Yes I know you will be biased 馃榾
Thank you.

Registered
We were between the two - the reviews all pointed to the xc40 but our hearts pointed to the Jag - just felt like more of a luxury car - especially given the leather is standard compared to the momentum xc40

Registered
Hi, I had test drives in XC40, Discovery Sport, Evoque and E Pace. After narrowing it down to XC40 and E Pace I had further test drives in different spec cars. The XC40 is lovely to drive, it's smooth and relaxing... but it doesn't stir the soul like a Jaguar E Pace... when I showed my 16 year old son the Volvo he said 'that's nice', when I showed him the Jag he said 'Wow'.. it's probably a bit shallow but it's that sort of reaction that made my mind up!

NM

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you all.
I have test drives of both coming up.
At the moment and you have confirmed it, my Head says Volvo my Heart (Ego) says Jaguar.
I will come back and tell you which won.

Registered
I had to chose between XC40 and E Pace, both petrol, I red lots of different opinions, I drove two different E Pace engines but didn't drove a Volvo. I wasn't looking for a relaxing, soft family car....I'm now driving my new P250 SE R Dynamic and happy of my choice.

Registered
Well, I have driven XC40, and the only option which is interesting, is the most expensive one, R-Design. In my opinion Momentum is just ugly inside, dark and not so great quality.

I have chosen E-Pace, and I dont regret. I think Jag is much better than Volvo. I think XC60 is a good competitor, but it's a bit bigger.

@eheinz I think you had just bad luck, it may happen with any car... I have mine for a while, and there is no problems at all. I was even amaized how comfortable and quiet E-Pace is.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kajoj said:
Well, I have driven XC40, and the only option which is interesting, is the most expensive one, R-Design. In my opinion Momentum is just ugly inside, dark and not so great quality.

I have chosen E-Pace, and I dont regret. I think Jag is much better than Volvo. I think XC60 is a good competitor, but it's a bit bigger.

@eheinz I think you had just bad luck, it may happen with any car... I have mine for a while, and there is no problems at all. I was even amaized how comfortable and quiet E-Pace is.
Petrol or Diesel? Any extras you are glad you have and any you wish you had?

Registered
mrchiggles said:
We were between the two - the reviews all pointed to the xc40 but our hearts pointed to the Jag - just felt like more of a luxury car - especially given the leather is standard compared to the momentum xc40
I've read a lot of reviews comparing the two and, yes, in conclusion most tend to prefer the Volvo to the E-Pace. But when you read the detail it's hard to find any aspects where the xc40 is significantly better. What everyone agrees on is that the E-Pace is far better if you want to actually drive it, as opposed to sitting in a comfy armchair. Several reviewers go on about the classy styling of the xc40, which is great if you're a fan of sharp modern Scandi furniture design. But if you want a car that will make your heart stir whenever you see it (or sit in it) then it's the Jag.

I think the reviewers tend to be biased against the E-Pace because, unlike the all-aluminium F-Pace, it's underpinnings are a bit dated - made of old fashioned steel, even. This makes it relatively heavy. Virtually every reviewer mentions this, as if it's a big problem. Personally I couldn't care less, as long as the car drives well and the fuel consumption is OK (which in my D180 Auto it is). Actually I like the solid feeling you get driving the E-Pace. I drive a Nissan X-Trail quite a lot and it feels really flimsy in comparison.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gfplux said:
Thank you all.
I have test drives of both coming up.
At the moment and you have confirmed it, my Head says Volvo my Heart (Ego) says Jaguar.
I will come back and tell you which won.
So my Heart won.
I ordered a Jaguar P200 S AWD AUTO in Santori Black with black pack, light oyster leather seats and a first for me, all weather tyres. Ordered on 21st November and have been told a build date in Austria of February 7th 2019.
We are downsizing from a diesel BMW X5 as we now want after many years something a little smaller and also to take some money of the table. Also to move away from Diesel.

Registered
Gfplux said:
kajoj said:

Petrol or Diesel? Any extras you are glad you have and any you wish you had?
I just took FWD Diesel 150 KM.
I have taken some options, I think leather is good, self diming rear mirror, LED daylights, heating seats, ambient lighting, Meridian audio, IDD
I regret I didnt take winter package (heated steering wheel, front window), and air quality sensor.

What suck:
- ProServices, there is nothing spectacular for me. Volvo has own applications, here you got Weather? Wow... There should be more apps, like in this case Volvo has (Spotify etc, and you dont need external device for that, t.ex. iPhone)
- InControll apps, that's just ugly cousin of Apple Car Play or Android Auto

1 - 12 of 12 Posts