Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a 2014 Peugeot 3008 1.6 THP and I'm looking at the Jaguar E-Pace or F-pace as my next car. I haven't yet decided. Trawling through expert reviews for the past couple of months and sitting in both cars, my next move will be to test-drive the both of them to see which of them suits me best. While i have seen many positive reviews and nearly as many negative ones, the only people who can really tell me, with full conviction, are Owners, themselves.
Chancing on this wonderful forum I saw an excellent opportunity to ask you all the leading question. What do you think of the Jaguar E-Pace (and F-Pace for that matter) ?
As a new member of this forum, I'd like some feedback to help me decide on my next car. My initial choice is the E-Pace R-Dynamic HSE 250 in Firenze Red. I favour the smaller of the 2 cars as it is closer to the size of my 3008, but the F-Pace seems to offer just that little bit more in terms of extras and standard options. And the sliding sun-roof is one item which it appears the 2019 E-Pace will not be adopting; pity. But never mind.
I have read some of your mail before joining this forum and most of you have positive things to say, and others of you are excited waiting for your new car to be delivered.
Thanks for any help you can give me in making my decision. :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Jasonking

If you are buying in the UK watch out for Road Tax costs even if you buy a car with List price of £39,000 and get the Dealer to put extras on the vehicle that costs £1,001 you have broken the threshold and are liable to bigger tax £450 P.A. for your first 6 years.

Vehicles with a list price of more than £40,000
You have to pay an extra £310 a year if you have a car or motorhome with a 'list price' (the published price before any discounts) of more than £40,000.

You only have to pay this rate for 5 years (from the second time the vehicle is taxed).

Check the list price with your dealer so you know how much vehicle tax you'll have to pay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_Excise_Duty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi SmokeyBlue59, thanks for this tip. I'll check this out. I've never bought a new car in the UK before so this is a real stunner. Road tax was the last thing on my checklist, I have to say.
Bummer, I thought it was a standard fee based on car value and engine size. Need to find out more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.