Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I need help with connecting my Samsung galaxy s8 to E-pace with USB cable.I don't have smartphone pack,i tried to connect it and listen music via USB cable and via bluetooth.When it is connected via bluetooth,i can see list(names) of songs which are on the phone on e-pace central display but i can't listen anything,there is no sound.
And when i tried to connect it via USB cable it is written that my device is not supported.When i connect USB Flash disk with mp3 songs i can normally listen all songs.
Anybody knows why i can't connect my phone?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My bluetooth speaker is connected to my phone and i am listening music through bluetooth all time and there is no problem,so volume on the phone is out of question.
I don't know what is problem,it is really strange why it is written that device is not supported,i will try to contact Jaguar directly.
Maybe that have something with limited In Control features.

·
Registered
35 Posts
When I check it says fully compatible if the car has the latest software and your phone is on the latest version of Android 9. Putting your VIN in will match it with the software actually installed in your vehicle and give you a more accurate answer.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have an S8 and before I got the free Android play upgrade it connected eventually after installing the in control app. Also are you using a USB cable that transfers data as a lot of cheap ones only allow charging and even the ones that do both can be poortry your S8 original cable used for charging as that will be 100% fine.

If your using Spotify or the phones music player make sure it's on the phones screen and play the track then pause and connect to the car. I get no sound sometimes if Spotify is not on the front screen and played first on my phone. Also you do need to increase the volume to get the best sounds as the usual Samsung warning comes up about damaging your hearing using headphones.

Just know the S8 will work. Make sure its set to unlock when connected to you cars Bluetooth Safe place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.