Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can Jaguar, or anyone else tell me how accurate the speedometer is on the E Pace; both digital and analogue. When driving along roads that have signs that display what speed I am doing they all seem to display a speed that is two or even three miles per hour slower that the cars speedometer is displaying. I assume that the roadside displays are reasonably accurate so what is that saying about the cars speedo accuracy?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Good Morning Oggie13

Thank you for your post.

The speedometer in the vehicle overstates the speed by approx. 10% to allow for wear, over time, of the tyres and to make sure that the driver of the vehicle cannot accidentally drive over the legal speed limit for the road.

This can be demonstrated by comparing the reading on the instrument display with the speed reading on the Sat Nav as the Sat Nav is calibrated by GPS positioning and the internal pack is calibrated using the wheel speed sensors. You should notice a small difference in the speed readings.

Please note: You should not rely on the Sat Nav reading as a defence for speeding however, in case there is an error with the GPS signal at that time.

I hope this has answered your question, should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dan @ Jaguar UK, thank you for your prompt and informative reply. It does explain why, when driving at the speed limit, I seem to have other drivers trying to hurry me up.

Oggie13

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good Morning Oggie13

Thank you for your post.

The speedometer in the vehicle overstates the speed by approx. 10% to allow for wear, over time, of the tyres and to make sure that the driver of the vehicle cannot accidentally drive over the legal speed limit for the road.

This can be demonstrated by comparing the reading on the instrument display with the speed reading on the Sat Nav as the Sat Nav is calibrated by GPS positioning and the internal pack is calibrated using the wheel speed sensors. You should notice a small difference in the speed readings.

Please note: You should not rely on the Sat Nav reading as a defence for speeding however, in case there is an error with the GPS signal at that time.

I hope this has answered your question, should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK
I would be interested to know how GPS peed can be viewed on the Sat nav...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts