Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a test drive in an E=Pace with 20" wheels, and while the car itself was a beauty, sheer luxury and everything one would expect from a premium marque.
The roads as usual here in SW Scotland suffer from many potholes, and appear to be worse after all the frost and snow.

During the drive I noticed how uncomfortable the journey was becoming with jarring every time the car encountered another pot hole, it left me wondering if a set of 18" wheels would make a difference to the ride, I have put my factory order on hold pending some sort of solution, the dealership are not much help here as these cars are just flying out as soon as they are received.

I have driven over this same route with my present car, (16" wheels) and although the ride is a bit bumpy, there is however no real jarring. so I'm thinking that the problem in less with the Jag are more to do with the larger wheels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

I picked up my e pace hse last week and have to say I don't feel many bumps, I had a all new disco last year and would say the e pace is just as smooth.
Was the car in comfort or dynamic mode as the ride dose change.

I have had 3 Evoques in the past and a disco sport.
The e pace is better then both of them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is interesting that you say there is a difference in the comfort of the ride between dynamic and comfort mode. I will check with the salesman to see which mode he had been using

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't agree. The website states "To enhance either refinement and comfort or the car's performance, the optional Configurable Dynamics function allows you to personalise E‑PACE's throttle mapping, gearbox shift points, steering settings and suspension to suit your driving needs "

So the only difference is that the configurable is manual and requires the driver to adjust the settings whereas adaptive does it automatically.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ah OK! Hope you are right. However, the brochure says: The Configurable Dynamics system allows you to personalise E-PACE's Dynamic Mode to create your perfect dynamic setup. Via the Touchscreen, driving characteristics can be changed to Dynamic or left as normal. So whatever combination of throttle sensitivity, gearbox shift points, steering weighting or damper stiffness4 you want, Configurable Dynamics allows you to set up Dynamic Mode to suit your driving needs.

And the 4 after stiffness refers to a note that says: When selected with Adaptive Dynmaics.

As I say hope you are right as adjustable dampers for £225 is an absolute bargain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts