Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi jaguar CR,

Could you please confirm that my jaguar E Pace S Petrol 2.5P AWD 2019 is compatible with the new E10 petrol? Thank you.

Kind regards, Oggie13

·
Registered
118 Posts
You can look for a sticker inside fuel flap usually its there.
Most modern petrol cars are E10 compatible as far as I know starting from MY 2011 I guess.
There is a govt website as well I think.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yes it is and here is an easier read website the Gov.Uk to reassure you. https://www.autobutler.co.uk/blog/e10-what-does-it-mean.

The question I have is has anyone used it and noticed a difference in mpg/ performance. I know its supposedly negligible but they said the same about changing the original Irn Bru to reduce sugar!

I got a 3/4 tank with my car from new and only now 700:miles later is it almost time to add some more so first fill time and wondering super unleaded for the quality and mpg aspect or E10 for cheapeness and supposed Ev benefit 🤔

·
Registered
88 Posts
Regular petrol has been E10 at my usual petrol station for a few weeks now. Bizarrely I think my mpg has improved a little bit, which doesn't make a lot of sense as the energy content of the fuel is supposed to be a bit lower. In any modern car you should only use 'Super' petrol if the car is designed to use it, it won't do any harm but it costs more and you don't get any performance benefit. Basically, whatever it says inside the flap and in the handbook is what you should use.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I know if I still had my 250 petrol EPace I would be using E10 due the amount of fuel it drank. The Super versions have enhanced cleaning additives in them which have supposed benefits for longevity. I did notice a minor improvement in pickup with my old car when I tried it due to fooling my brain that having changed something it must be better :D

I do feel for classic car owners who are not loaded with cash as they will need to mod their cars extensively in some cases once Super is phased out.

·
Registered
179 Posts
We've been using E10 in France for a decade so don't worry as the cars are the same on each side of the Channel :)

I'm glad I can use E85 (with the flexfuel engine) as it's currently twice cheaper ! But in city traffic I need a refill every 350km or so.. VS 500km with E10. It drinks a lot less on highways though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.