Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When stopped in traffic or lights and the engine stops (as part of Stop/Start), it comes back on again after about 20 seconds. And then goes off again. Is this normal behaviour for Stop/Start, or should the engine stay off until I let go the brake and press the accelerator?

·
Registered
15 Posts
My Petrol E-Pace S/S stopped working and I had it fixed on its first service. I was told Harwoods of Chichester fitted a new battery as it wore out due to low mileage.
However, I did less mileage in my previous car, a BMW Series 5 GT and had no problems.
About three weeks ago, it stopped working completely again. Clearly not a brilliant system on Jaguars.

·
Registered
97 Posts
After reading these posts I realised I never noticed before because I always turn stop/start off so yesterday I tested it and I was stopped at temporary lights and the stop/start on my car kept the engine off right until I needed to move again which was almost a minute, it's worth noting my engine was warm and I didn't have anything switched on apart from the radio

G

·
I believe that the air con and also the need to charge the battery will override the auto stop/start automatically.

I switch the auto stop start off whenever I get in as it is not a smooth start up when activated

·
Registered
25 Posts
My daily commute is 37 miles and the first stop is typically after 30 motorway miles when I hit traffic. The engine is by then at running temperature, and battery should be charged. Auto Start Stop kicks in, but never lasts much more than 20 seconds, and I have yet to witness the engine stopping a second time within any given stationary stand.

E180D HSE Auto

·
Registered
196 Posts
My Stop/Start only worked for the first few months. I put that down to the number of short journeys that we do and the battery not getting enough charge, even though we do about 7k miles a year. It used to work again after a long journey but not anymore.
Last weekend we did about 200 miles in 2 days and Stop.Start didn't work at all.
Luckily I didn't like it anyway, it just slightly annoys me when "things" don't work.
I believe other manufacturers put in a second battery just for stop/start.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just to add, in case anyone at JLR is reading. My stop / start was working fine up till it went in for a service and the recall engine management upgrade and yeah don't work now. Doesn't worry me at ll as it was an additional delay when pulling away.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have only had my Epace since November and it had two problems one the voice not working and the other was the Eco stop I can not remember what the service dept said as it sounded very complicated and jargon that was not familiar but he did say that there was a technical bulletin about the problem and it was a software issue. It has not had a issue since and I only do short journeys.

·
Registered
196 Posts
In the last 2 weeks I have done 4 trips of 100 miles in a day, which is quite unusual for me.

Yesterday for the first time in months the S/S kicked in, I nearly fainted!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts