Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Brand new to the forum and would love to hear other comments on the issues regarding DPF faults (Engine Management Warning Light constantly on)

Having spoken to my local dealer, I have been told that more and more E Pace, Land Rover Evoque and Sports are being returned because of 'drive style' due to the fact drivers of these cars had not been allowed to make long distance journeys due to lockdown.

Does anyone have any ideas/thoughts on what we as owners should do next as this problem clearly, cannot continue and someone @ JLR needs to take responsibility for the very obvious problem. (Below, is also a comment i found on the forum)

"This is all to do with the systemic fault in the exhaust system of D8-chassis Ingenium diesels.

After a certain date (sometime in 2018) JLR shared knowledge of a massive problem that it had known about since 2015 (well before the E-Pace launch). A letter was sent out to dealer sales staff to try and stop wide-spread mis-selling of diesel cars which, luckily, was not such an issue for the E-pace because petrol alternatives had always been available. But people like the OP still got caught out, which the law says was the fault of the vendor. They cold-bloodedly shafted Discovery Sport owners with this for three years throughout the period when a petrol DS wasn't available and, because it was kept quiet for so long to protect the Discovery Sport revenue stream, many diesel-buying Evoque owners also got caught up in it.

There is still a toxic conspiracy of silence within the company and across its dealer network which attempts to cloak the despicable behavior of JLR senior management in relation to this matter. Fortunately JLR's engineers saw what they were doing at the start and have taken every opportunity to publish the true story and leak damning quotes and data through inexperienced and unprotected PR channels such as CRC. Additionally, one or two of the more conscientious dealer staff have broken ranks by releasing vital information like JLRP00100. Without this help, owners would have no way of knowing that they were the victims of a large commercial fraud stemming from JLR's panicky response to the VW dieselgate scandal. Whenever you hear the words "driving style" in relation to oil dilution and DPF clogging you are listening to a salaried repeater chanting words that were agreed in JLR's boardroom in 2015.

Meanwhile, a comprehensive 20 page guide to the technical aspects of this is available on dropbox."

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a diesel EPace and have had multiple issues with the engine management light. I do not regularly complete 'motorway miles' - however this should have been noted/explained when selling me the car if it is am absolute must that you need to do this and advised to take a petrol (i had no preference at the time and not knowing about DPF, new diesel cars etc)

Approx 9/10 times within the first 12 months the car was in due to the engine management light (EML) - every time it was said that its 'My fault', 'it s my driving style'. - As a note I've had diesel cars before and never had this issue.

The major issue is what I have experience before and have experienced again today (14/05/21). The car has been taken to the garage due to the EML and they have rectified it. I have driven it home the same day - the next day I have driven to work and during the trip the EML is back on again - literally after driving only 5/10 miles. - On calling Jaguar and explaining I'm again informed that its on due to my driving style? - How is this possible within 10 miles? I could buy it from new take it home and on the journey the light displays - and its my fault? Crazy. And this exact scenario has occurred 4/5 times now. Each time having to wait 2/3 weeks until it can be looked at. So driving around for that time with the light on.

Just sounds like laziness to investigate the actual issue here. The service I have had throughout my 3 years owing the car has put me off ever wanting another Jaguar in the future, it really has.

That on top of the dealership I brought the car from stopped dealing Jaguars (went Landrover only) I only found this out when I called to book the car in and they told me that 'They don't take Jaguars anymore - you'll need to search for another dealership') - which is 20 miles away - so on top of the EML displaying regularly I have top make a 40 mile round trip to sort it.. Just a terrible Jaguar experience for me I'm afraid.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Dealers do seem to cover the full range from useless to excellent.
Sounds like they are simply resetting the warning, so comes back on within a few miles. You could insist that they clean the DPF, at least that way you'll get longer between warnings.

My first XE was a diesel and in the first 18 months I had 2 exhaust sensors changed due to adblue warnings. Decided to swap to petrol as didn't want large bills after warranty ran out.

Sorry not much help, but I do sympathise.

·
Registered
50 Posts
So 2 weeks out of warranty, a service and an MOT (passed), the amber Engine check light has come on, permanently. Typical. In three years I've had virtually no problems with the car. I am torn on whether to hold it for another 3 years to see if EVs come on, or buy a PHEV (evoque or XC40) now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.