Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone received a notification from Jaguar for the recall recently announced regarding emissions ?

My local dealer tells me they have so far not been contacted by any clients.
Thanks Den,

·
Registered
93 Posts
den said:
Has anyone received a notification from Jaguar for the recall recently announced regarding emissions ?

My local dealer tells me they have so far not been contacted by any clients.
Thanks Den,
Good Morning Den

Thank you for your post.

I can confirm that all owners of potentially affected vehicles will have received communication inviting them to contact a Jaguar Land Rover authorised repairer for the work to be carried out.

Unless you have received this correspondence the update is not required for your vehicle.

However, should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

G

·
Got my H185 call up papers today, on reassuringly expensive paper. Won't be in a hurry to take it in. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that the auto stop/start stopped working in October. Doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yep, mine came in the post today and the earliest date for booking in is 2nd May. Guess they are quite busy with this H185 recall since it applies to other 2 litre petrol cars in the Jag range i.e. F type, XE, XF etc etc.

Just hope it doesn't ruin the performance/driving pleasure, but there's nothing we can do about it except perhaps ignore the recall.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Received the letter re the H185 Emissions Related Recall. Will be going to my local service centre tomorrow to make an appointment.
Have tried to attach a copy of the letter however, the forum does not seem to accept pdf files.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Visited my local dealer this morning and have an appointment for the software upgrade at 08:30 on Wednesday this week. While you wait and expected to take approximately thirty minutes. The software update has only become available very recently, and the dealership has not as yet been inundated with recalled vehicles despite the recall covering five model types with the same Ingenium engine.

Also asked about the Start/Stop function working only intermittently. This despite a 400 mile round trip at the weekend and keeping a Ctek charger connected overnight when in the garage. I had similar issues with an F-Type and was told that low battery voltage could be a cause of the issue, hence interesting to find that even with a healthy charge in the E-Pace battery the system does not work.

The H185 software upgrade will not provide a fix for this issue. Apparently there is a fix but it involves keeping the vehicle overnight, the battery on charge, and then a number of test drive cycles with appropriate system adjustments after each cycle. As I am not a fan of Start/Stop I will wait and see if there really are no changes in operation after the H185 software upgrade and then reconsider booking in for the fix.

G

·
Just so happened my car had its first service today. I never mentioned the letter but H185 was automatically actioned, as was H117 (unsealed splices on rear axle and passenger compartment harness).

The stop/start function hasn't been bought to life - may it rest in peace.

This was my first ever Jaguar service and I was pretty impressed. I've never had my tyres cleaned before!

·
Registered
45 Posts
At my local dealership at 08:30 this morning for the H185 Recall. Checked with the service agent and he confirmed that H117 had been carried out, so no concerns there.

A coffee, a browse through the morning papers and I left the dealership at 09:15. Too early to tell what impact if any on performance and fuel consumption. I don't seem to be able to see the Vehicle Software release but the InControl Touch Pro Software remains at release S19A_19.07.2312706. I did notice that the update had reset the tyre pressure units to psi, I normally like to see them in bar units. Easy to return to my preferred setting.

·
Registered
46 Posts
M P250 had its H185 emissions recall this morning, it took them about an hour or so.
I was looking out for any performance change while driving it home and...it's difficult to be sure or whether I was imagining things but the car didn't feel quite as quick off the mark as before, slightly subdued maybe? A touch less abrupt throttle response on take off? The car wasn't cold just luke warm as they say so a cold start will be interesting since emissions can be higher when cold and maybe that's where they've worked on the software. Anyone else had their P*** done yet and can comment on this?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts