Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evoque is due for a change and lead times for both E-Pace and Disco Sport are very similar. I have loved the Evoque (original & latest facelifted versions) but fancy a change and not willing to overpay on a new Evoque. Looking at an R Dynamic S D180 in Borasco with upgraded grey 19s on a personal lease. All was ready to go when I had my head turned by a DS HSE for very similar money!!

I have heard a lot of bad news stories about the DS, whether its oil dilution, shortened service intervals, annoying rattles and general fuel economy c33 mpg combined.
The big question for me is what are E-Pace owners seeing from their cars - any annoying issues, what's fuel economy really like on the D180 land how big is the boot vs Evoque? Some websites suggest its boot is bigger and some smaller!

Heart and head were set on E-Pace and need to organise something very soon but spec of the DS HSE looks very good for similar costs albeit tech is slightly older!

Help appreciated.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If it's of any use i've gone for an E-Pace from an Evoque (though it doesn't arrive until March 1st), but if I'm being honest my choice is mainly based on the gorgeous looks and rarity at the moment.
I think it's also a better drivers car than the Disco.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I called into my dealer today & had a quick look at the new Evoque. First impression, very similar to the old one which is already quite a common site on the roads. I'm coming from a Freelander 2 so did consider the Evoque, but I opted for the E Pace as I prefer how it looks. Also is the new Evoque actually worth the €10,000 premium over the E Pace?? I don't think so, what do others think?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've just rejected a first edition e-pace after almost a year of ownership and nothing but problems. I moved from an Evoque too because I fancied a change but regretted it massively. I probably just got a duff - the Friday afternoon car - but it was the most appalling car I've ever owned. I hated it. Just about to take ownership of an F-pace instead. There is literally no comparison between the e-pace and f-pace. For me, one is a Jag and the other is a car with a Jag badge on it. Others on here seem to be very pleased with their cars which is great, but there are also others who are feeling a little let down by what is supposed to be a luxury car. It's just my personal opinion, but I would think very hard before swapping the Evoque for an E-pace. It depends what you're after. I had a dynamic lux and after a few weeks driving the cub, I realised I'd made the wrong choice...and then it started playing up.

Good luck with whatever you decide. Have you considered the f-pace? It's bloody lovely.

·
Registered
41 Posts
yappydog said:
I've just rejected a first edition e-pace after almost a year of ownership and nothing but problems. I moved from an Evoque too because I fancied a change but regretted it massively. I probably just got a duff - the Friday afternoon car - but it was the most appalling car I've ever owned. I hated it. Just about to take ownership of an F-pace instead. There is literally no comparison between the e-pace and f-pace. For me, one is a Jag and the other is a car with a Jag badge on it. Others on here seem to be very pleased with their cars which is great, but there are also others who are feeling a little let down by what is supposed to be a luxury car. It's just my personal opinion, but I would think very hard before swapping the Evoque for an E-pace. It depends what you're after. I had a dynamic lux and after a few weeks driving the cub, I realised I'd made the wrong choice...and then it started playing up.

Good luck with whatever you decide. Have you considered the f-pace? It's bloody lovely.
Sorry to hear about your first edition experiences... while we had a few hiccups at the beginning consistent with others' comments in the forums, they were all handled to our satisfaction by the dealership quickly and professionally.

While my own Evoque experience has been limited, when driving the 2018 model I found the ride quite different from the E-Pace. Besides some aesthetics like the twisty knob vs. the fighter pilot flight stick for switching from park to drive (which I guess is now irrelevant for 2019), I found the feel very different. The Evoque felt more like, I don't know, a Cadillac or Lincoln Town Car in ride, while the E-Pace felt substantially sportier to me. For me I prefer the sporty feeling, while I can appreciate that others may want something a bit more, for lack of a better description, abstracted from the road. With a practically identical instrument panel, both made me feel at home.

Lucky for us, JLR offers both!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Interesting to read your comments on the ride of the E-Pace jagusa. I currently have a Freelander 2 & I remember talking to the dealership about replacing it a couple of years ago with an Evoque. They told me that the Evoque isn't a "mountain" car, the chassis being sporty & the ride too firm, it's a city car, which I agreed with. Now here I am hearing the same about the E-Pace compared to the Evoque. It will be interesting to see what my E-Pace makes of it's new home when it arrives in a few weeks time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had an evoque for 2 years and have now spent almost a couple of weeks with the E-Pace.

Both had the same engine and I have to say the difference is very noticable in my opinion.

The E-Pace is not only quieter but far more sporty to drive, it just handles so well for what it is.

Those of you who have the powerful versions (and to be honest even to 150 feels nippy) you must have a constant smile of your face.

My 33 car and to date it is my favourite.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts