Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner

Evoque to E Pace

14K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Sami 
#1 ·
Hi, just joined the E Pace Forum.

We ordered our E-Pace last Thursday.

Changing over from Evoque Dynamic SD4 to E-Pace R Dynamic S P250 with 20" Grey Diamond Wheels and Light Oyster Seats.

Currently my Evo is Santorini Black with the black pack, so have ordered Santorini black again but not sure on colour.

I love the Caldera Red but have never had a red car and don't want to be bored with it in a year.... I really liked Corris Grey with the Black Alloys but general opinion was go for the black but I am not sure at all..... feel like a change would be good. Any colour opinions?

Also hoping that I have not made the wrong choice going for the Oyster Leather over the black with 2 kids and a sausage dog . :?

Was disappointed it comes with no servicing that is an optional extra 5 year service warranty for £649. Evoque came with a 5 year service plan.

Other than all that hoping that it will be as nice to drive as it looks. Hoping for a test drive end Nov/Beginning Dec. We have a delivery date provisionally 1st March although car could be ready for the end of January.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi,
Saw e pace on tour at local dealership last week. Looked awesome in yulong white, black pack with 20" grey tint rims.

Very tempted but won't order before test driving end of Nov. Told if order by Christmas should be delivered by mid-March

Like you, I can't decide on a colour! I had a black car previously, loved it but fancy a change this time. Agree with you on oyster interior, all black inside can look stark but with little ones to put in the back not sure I'm brave enough To opt for the light colour!

I've been looking at F paces for colour guides. Quite fancy the caesium blue with black interior and blue stitching, black pack and grey tint rims. Looks great in showroom but, quite 'in your face' on the road? Curious about the borasco grey and silicon silver. Not sure I've seen either before. Very confused!

I think the e pace will look great in pretty much anything and I'm sure you will love your santorini black. Classic colour, can't go wrong.

I will keep playing with the configurator and wait to test in Nov hoping for inspiration......

#3 ·
Hi jhgch5,

I wanted to test drive first but just booked the build slot as we were told that we can go ahead and test drive in November and if we didn't like it just cancel - he said we might lost a Feb/Mar delivery if we waited till November or December to test drive.
Soooo colour. That's exactly what puts me off the black, classic yes but everybody either has black or white..... although I think all the promo material of it in the white it looks stunning and the white looks great with black gloss grill and the black wheels.
I find the configurator helpful for the car not so much the colour it looks a bit odd on the screen. I saw a Q3 in a lovely grey with black wheels but that might be playing it safe as well. Caesium blue looks amazing. Our dealership said everybody who booked a build slot had gone for White, Firenze or Corris. Only a couple of black and no premium colours, Borasco Grey or Silicon Silver, not sure if those would look a bit bland .... decisions decisions. Hopefully once we get to see another one or a few in different colours it will become a bit clearer. Don't have to lock down colour initially anyway.
Lets hope we enjoy the test drive...

#4 ·
Dmac1,

Colours.....I think you're right about the borasco and silicon, somewhat bland. Also agree that the colours on the configurator are totally different to real life. While White is common these days I have to say the metallic white (yulong) which I saw at the dealer was gorgeous. I just don't relish having to keep it clean and shiny. As you say, we'll keep a look out and hope for clarity to to emerge.

Incidentally, the other car choice I was considering (before seeing the e pace up close) was an Evoque. I was curious on your thoughts between the two?

Thanks

#7 ·
Pjm007, fab choice, I am guessing you don't have small kids for the Oyster, I might have to change my mind on that one. Although my kids, by the time we get the car almost 10 and 8 , so not soooo small. My 9 year old hated the black inside of the Evoque and insisted on a "Vanilla" car next time. It does make the interior nice and light, couldn't stretch to the Windsor leather, loved the diamond stitching on it though. Am now stuck between Yulong white, Corris and Santorini...... and I really like the Caldera Red :cry:

jhgch5, hmm I could tell you more after I drive the E-Pace. I hated my Evoque in the beginning and it took a long while to get used to it..... it is quite claustrophobic in the back for the kids, black leather and privacy glass, think it is something to do with how the windows slope at the back. I am glad I went for petrol this time, Evoque was quite noisy on the road.
I think when you put the two side by side the EPace makes the Evoque look quite boxy, square if you know what I mean. I like the streamlined look of the EPace and love its back end. What do you think you will go for assuming you enjoy your test drive....

#9 ·
My last two cars have been black and grey so will go for something v different this time. I'm down to yulong and caesium, both strong, bold colours but pretty much polar opposites.

The white has the advantage that I've seen it at the dealer on the launch tour where as I've only seen f paces in the blue. Whichever I go for i'll get the matching colour stitching on the black leather interior, black pack and grey tint 19" rims. R Dynamic SE auto.

Agree all black inside can be stark. Can you justify another £970 for the fixed panoramic to bring in some more light though?

(The wife prefers the white!)

#16 ·
Hi All,
Just joined your Forum , which is a first for me :) Pleased you are discussing the topic of e pace color options. I ordered my epace a couple of weeks ago, Borasco Grey with black pack, / Oyster interior, black roof-lining. I have seen what Silicon Silver looks like on a Range rover, looked completely different, not so good , not silver at all, more gold spec.
Hoping someone has a picture of what Borasco Grey looks like.. I have also asked the dealer to try and find me a Borasco Grey car so I can see how it looks in the flesh.

G
#17 ·
After having two Range Rover Evoque,a 2014 SE and 2016 SE Tech I ordered in August a E Pace R Dynamic S D180 AWD in Corris Grey and all Black interior.I would have liked a petrol but not available manual (I do not like autos).
I have seen the E Pace I the metal it was in Black which I thought it did not give it credit,it looks much better in brighter colours as seen in promotion pictures.It should drive like the Evoque or even better.Mine is due for delivery in March 2018 as requested.

#18 ·
Hello from Finland. I had Evoque and then I traded it to X3 28i and month ago I ordered diesel E-pace S awd "dull" white with black interior. Today it was the first opportunity to see it in "flesh" in Finland. I was afraid if it looks like Q3, but for my eyes there is nothing similar - my eyes hurt every time when I see Q3.
Sorry my finglish :oops: .

#19 ·
Right you are all putting me off my Santorini Black now. I do think the photos of the promo cars in the Yulong White look fab. My daughter abet she is only 9 has decided on Corris Grey with Black Roof, black mirrors and black wheels. Time to rethink my colour choice I think..... wish I was brave enough to go for Caldera Red. I don't think it is helping that we have never seen the car other than a half an hour with the model in the dealership, which in my case was Black.

Congrats Sami on your new e pace.
Epacemann, I am hoping its smoother and less noisy than my Evoque Dynamic SD4. I ordered the petrol E pace though.

#20 ·
I think most cars look great in black, my only issue with black cars is how hard it is to keep them looking nice, shiny and black. They always look great in the showroom though!

Corris Grey with all the gloss black bits will look great in my opinion.

#21 ·
Hi and goodbye.

I ordered e-pace in october and delivery date should have been in january. Monday my dealer told me that it has been delayed to early april. I have no patience to wait so long and I bought Evoque again. Dealer had one in showroom and I got good deal if there is good deals in autotrade.

No Jag for me but keep up building this forum.

Sami

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.