Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

Has anybody else experienced and issue with their E-pace whereby a wind/whistling noise can be heard through the door area when you hit a certain speed (usually over 30/40mph)?
This issued has been looked into by my local dealer who recognise the fault. The jag customer relations got on board and have concluded that it is a 'characteristic' as it is experienced on other E-pace vehicles. No action is being taken by jaguar, although I was advised to have music on and the sir conditioning!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Much, much less noise from my wing mirrors than my previous Freelander. I've not noticed anything which could remotely be considered a problem. Mine are non-folding type without cameras.

Sorry to hear the problem (and Jaguar attitude to it) is spoiling your enjoyment of your new car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No noise like that, but I do notice that at around 50mph if I only have the driver's window down you get quite a lot of unpleasant buffeting, only resolved by also dropping the front passenger window. I guess they didn't do a wind tunnel test on that fairly typical scenario.

·
Registered
70 Posts
AlanDavies said:
No noise like that, but I do notice that at around 50mph if I only have the driver's window down you get quite a lot of unpleasant buffeting, only resolved by also dropping the front passenger window. I guess they didn't do a wind tunnel test on that fairly typical scenario.
I've had this on every car I've ever owned...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have exactly the same problem. They kept it for three days at the mechanic's workshop, drove a lot of Km and when they gave it back to me they said the problem was due to part of the roof covering the predisposition for side bars and that they had fixed it. However, the problem was unchanged! When you drive faster than 90 Km/hour it is like being in the middle of a wind storm
I will go back to the mechanic on Monday but I have little hope of getting it fixed.
If it stays like that I will have to sell my car
For the rest it is a good car by now (I have driven it for 4000 Km)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.