Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As more E Paces hit the road I thought it might be useful to have a topic where we could talk about things that seem strange or irritating so we can see if they are "features" or faults that it's worth getting the dealer to look in to.

As a starter for ten, I've had my E Pace since 1 March and noticed a couple of issues that I'm keeping under close observation.

On one journey I was charging my phone through a 12v adapter. I had several failed calls where it connected fine but after a very short time the microphone stopped working. But I could hear the person on the other end absolutely fine. But on all other journeys the phone has worked with no problems at all. Not had chance to try and replicate the problem yet so will keep that one under observation.

The second problem is that my data sim isn't recognised on around 1 out of 4 starts. An easy fix as you just turn the mobile sim off and on again but again something to watch and decide when it becomes too onerous.

Anyone else seeing these problems, or anything else?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've found the driver's door doesn't always close properly and I have to open/close it again. Not sure if it's just my technique yet.
I've also found the boot heavy and hard to open. Again, it could just be me as our previous car was a saloon with a light, aluminium boot.

Will keep an eye on both...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have noticed the issue with the data sim. I found that it seems to be related to the Sim not seating properly in the holder. The holder seems to be slightly larger than SIM. I found that ensuring its top is level solved the problem

In addition I have found locking the car with Keyless entry is not as easy as on my old XF as there is no physical button to push.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi,

Should be collecting my e-Pace today, but received a call from the dealer to be informed of a possible fault with the reversing lights not functioning, and yes this is the case with mine. So no delivery today!!

Anyone else have this problem?

PhilS

·
Registered
4 Posts
4 weeks into driving the E Pace. I've had a few niggles and now the car is back with the dealer. The niggles have included the phone microphone issue mentioned above and a few other things that corrected themselves when I stopped the car and restarted. One of my keys decided to cease working. The boot refused to open with the key once but opened with the dash button.
Now I've lost main beam on one headlight. Lots of head scratching at dealer.
Also the car came without the locking wheel nut key!

Colleague in work just taken delivery of his and he's on way back to dealer with a problem as well.
Perhaps our Austrian friends not so great at putting these things together?

·
Registered
13 Posts
brachiopoda said:
4 weeks into driving the E Pace. I've had a few niggles and now the car is back with the dealer. The niggles have included the phone microphone issue mentioned above and a few other things that corrected themselves when I stopped the car and restarted. One of my keys decided to cease working. The boot refused to open with the key once but opened with the dash button.
Now I've lost main beam on one headlight. Lots of head scratching at dealer.
Also the car came without the locking wheel nut key!

Colleague in work just taken delivery of his and he's on way back to dealer with a problem as well.
Perhaps our Austrian friends not so great at putting these things together?
Welcome to the world of JLR, from a fellow JLRer.

Thank goodness I've also got an Alfa Romeo to fall back on. :) :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
brachiopoda said:
Hi Brachiopoda - interesting you've had the same microphone fault as I haven't been able to replicate it. Can I ask how your phone was connected to the car. Was it just Bluetooth or was it hard connected too?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just found another strange feature. I've got the date setting as dd/mm/yy and that works fine on the main screen. But on the display in the centre of the dash between the speedo and rev counter it displays as mm/dd/yy. Any ideas if this can be changed?

·
Registered
13 Posts
On our E-Pace the warning beep alert for speed cameras is insignificant - very quiet and brief. If you are chatting or listening to music it is easily missed. I can't see anything in satnav settings that will adjust the volume or possibly change it to a voice warning as we had in our previous Mazda. Before I go back and ask the dealer, does anyone have a similar issue and know how to fix it?

·
Registered
94 Posts
hcblue said:
Just found another strange feature. I've got the date setting as dd/mm/yy and that works fine on the main screen. But on the display in the centre of the dash between the speedo and rev counter it displays as mm/dd/yy. Any ideas if this can be changed?
I just noticed this too. It's very annoying.

·
Registered
44 Posts
gDallasK said:
hcblue said:
I just noticed this too. It's very annoying.
It can be changed by going into settings, general, time and date. tap format and then the format you want and it will change.

Good Luck

G

·
Triddeck said:
On our E-Pace the warning beep alert for speed cameras is insignificant - very quiet and brief. If you are chatting or listening to music it is easily missed. I can't see anything in satnav settings that will adjust the volume or possibly change it to a voice warning as we had in our previous Mazda. Before I go back and ask the dealer, does anyone have a similar issue and know how to fix it?
Increase the Sat Nav volume with the normal volume control, but only when it's giving instructions. Think that's how I did it

G

·
Where do I start?
Took delivery end of January and to date done less than 2000 miles.
The bonnet was out of alignment on the front edge on delivery, took three attempts to correct that.
Today carried out recalls H087, H095 and H100 along with getting the tailgate floor 'sensor' to work
One of the rear arch liners was flapping about and I'm very disappointed with the range of the remote key and the keyless entry in general
Hope this is the last visit for a while!

(New owners may want to check the level of the AdBlue tank too, as penny pinching Jaguar don't seem fit to fill it up on delivery - mine has taken about 6-7 litres already)

·
Registered
94 Posts
chopper602 said:
Triddeck said:
Increase the Sat Nav volume with the normal volume control, but only when it's giving instructions. Think that's how I did it
Been wondering about this - I can't hear the Nav instructions whilst the radio is playing - nor - so far - any way to fix the problem. On my Freelander 2 (also with a Meridian sound system) the volume of the radio was automatically muted when the Nav instructions were being played. This doesn't seem to happen with the E-Pace - very annoying!

I'll try cranking the volume next time I'm using the Nav to see if this helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks Chopper602 we have found that adjusting the SatNav volume (as you suggested while it is giving instructions) does also increase the warning beep volume. We've also noticed that the warning is better - earlier and repeated - with the satnav on. With it off we just get the one warning and so close to the cam that it would be too late to slow down! I believe that there is also a way to alter the activation distance for the various warning alarms inc parking and safety cams. Re your comment gDallasK, the music or radio sound on ours (P250 HSE) does mute when the satnav instructions come on.
I have asked the Jaguar support team online for answers to a couple of other Qs re the media system and despite their saying they will respond in 3 working days - they haven't. I will be ringing them tomorrow. Have to say I love the car and having driven it on a wide range of roads and road surfaces it is a real pleasure and great fun. But the handbook, manual and guides are not very helpful when trying to find a simple answer to what should be a simple question. Not sure they tested those out before publication!

·
Registered
4 Posts
4 weeks now 7 weeks and headlight issue fixed with some very dodgy explanations from dealer. First hot day of year and I discover the air con doesn't work. On LO setting its chucking out hot air. Car back to dealer in 2 days!
On top of this I have had a series of minor niggles similar to some responders on here. latest was last night reversing screen went black. Worked ok later but this is becoming a habit.
Last jaguar for me

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just given my peace it's first wash, when lifting the windscreen wipers to wash the front windscreen they are catching on the bonnet taking the paint off anybody else experienced this or know why?

G

·
Joweb said:
Just given my peace it's first wash, when lifting the windscreen wipers to wash the front windscreen they are catching on the bonnet taking the paint off anybody else experienced this or know why?
That's just the way the wipers fit. Look in the manual for the wiper park function (that you would use to change the blades) and they'll park in the vertical position allowing you to lift them up for washing.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts