Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never owned a Jaguar before. Last car was an Audi TT and we also have a Mazda CX-5. Never had any problems with new cars before. After ordering an E-pace in January 2018 with a projected delivery of March, there was a 2 month delay in delivery as the car had a faulty wiring loom and Jaguar repeatedly sent the wrong part to the dealership. So it was faulty right from the start and I hadn't even seen the car!

When I eventually took delivery, after a couple of weeks the touchscreen froze when I was in the middle of a reversing manoeuvre. Eventually unfroze after turning the engine on and off. Happened once more but then today a more serious problem arose.

Returning from picking my daughter up in the middle of nowhere, the computer touchscreen froze with the radio stuck on. Tried turning ignition on and off but no change. Got home with my daughter holding my phone for me to use google maps because there was no sat nav, camera or anything except the radio stuck on. The radio is still stuck on now with the ignition off and the car locked. The touchscreen has got a hazy light as if it is somehow on but completely blank. Probably will run the battery down before I can get it to the garage. So so upset and disappointed with the E-pace and how it stacks up in terms of reliability. Totally regretting purchasing it based on how it looked.
Anyone got any advice? What are my options?

·
Registered
14 Posts
This has only happened once in 3 months but my screen froze and juddered on a journey home. Even once the engine was turned off, the jaguar logo stayed on screen and just juddered. Restarting made no difference. Left it overnight and it had sorted itself out the following morning.

Music regularly freezes. The songs keep playing but the screen gets stuck so it will be showing Metallica and playing Cliff Richard 😳 kind of thing.

Mine is at the dealers now for a host of reasons. Tried to convince me the above is down to my iPhone!

I'm seriously underwhelmed with my e-pace.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts