Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know where and how to tell all of you about my feelings of Jaguar... Let it be the place.

About selling process:
I was reading topic about surprises, so lets begin here. The only surprise, not necessarily good, I had was the car at the outside at pick up time... there were nothing I got from Jag extra. Even worse, terrible communication with a seller (I was working as a seller a few years ago, I would never treat my clients like that!), even better... they're already owe me money, which at invoice they had to pay me it until 7 January... I thought Jag is premium, but it seems not. I have friends which in last half year bought a few new cars, like Qashqai, Kadjar, Passat, Mazda 6, Peugeot 508 (used...) and they all got something at pick up time, such as alcohol, umbrella, something. I don't mean I can't afford a bootle of wine, or an umbrella... I just mean, I didn't feel as I wanted to feel when I had to pick up my first new car. I was watching YouTube how it looks like, and there were covered cars with a cloth, some surprises.... Come one, Jaguar says it's premium brand, and I think, even Dacia in this position might be better...

About the car:
I feel like Jaguar treats E-Pace as a worse child. I saw new Interactive Dash Display in MY19 F-Pace, and it looks same as in E-Pace, but E-Pace one is much much less configurable and useful. Jaguar IDD is the only system, which is totally useless and there's no difference between manual one. There is no more options! Just digital gauges....
I have manual transmission, and some messages wanting me to put my gear at P...
There is a few apps less in Live, don't know why, and event more, there is no TuneIn and Deezer... why is that ? Deezer is a web app for music.... why I can't listen with that software in Poland?
Some options in remote are disabled....
Dealer promised me, that rear lights will be animated, they aren't....
Car is turning right itself, and driver doors don't fit properly. Looks like I need to take the car to dealer to fix it.

The only thing I really miss, is the map at the middle in IDD, there is only full map mode, which is useless for me, as there is no engine rev informations, so I don't know exactly when to change gear!

For now I feel really disappointed, and if not that I always wanted a Jaguar, I would regret my purchase.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I can only assume your dealer was poor and i hope that you reflected that in you customer survey or how else will Jaguar address such things. Surely you got the impressive keyring display box and then later on the additional hand drawing print etc.

I knew all about the car before i bought it and it's clear that Jaguar like Mercedes have no interest in manual transmissions hence car is designed around that. I would have been looking elsewhere if i wanted manual. The handbrake would drive me nuts!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will make some letter to dealer's headquarters (yea... they pissed me totally... there are things I didn't even write here). Its kinda huge company, they have most of the offices around Poland. Its kinda sucks if main Jaguar dealer in Poland behave like that...
Well it's not about messages... I can live with it, I don't bother. But I really miss that IDD is not useful at all. Maybe it will have some update, like F-Pace had... I hope. There is no such a great car like E-Pace around... And manual transmission is good in Jaguar, revs are fine in each gear, I like it. Handbrake is ofc electric also... if it's what you meant :) It holds car on the hill.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I would find the hand lever very strange if using a manual gearbox, give me a good old fashioned handbrake. I do like the setup when using the auto transmission though.

I'm in Scotland so no experience of your dealership. In my case Jaguar Uk emailed me a month after taking ownership asking for customer feedback. the salesman told me to expect it and that my opinion counted, not that he had anything to be concerned with as he was a pleasure to deal with.

·
Registered
30 Posts
One thing about the animated indicators, they are an extra which we speced but then found when no sign of them when we got the car. Discovered that you can turn the animation on or off in Settings

·
Registered
100 Posts
Neil1314 said:
One thing about the animated indicators, they are an extra which we speced but then found when no sign of them when we got the car. Discovered that you can turn the animation on or off in Settings
However you can only enable the animation if the car is actually equiped with the correct (optional) indicators.

·
Registered
93 Posts
kajoj said:
I don't know where and how to tell all of you about my feelings of Jaguar... Let it be the place.

About selling process:
I was reading topic about surprises, so lets begin here. The only surprise, not necessarily good, I had was the car at the outside at pick up time... there were nothing I got from Jag extra. Even worse, terrible communication with a seller (I was working as a seller a few years ago, I would never treat my clients like that!), even better... they're already owe me money, which at invoice they had to pay me it until 7 January... I thought Jag is premium, but it seems not. I have friends which in last half year bought a few new cars, like Qashqai, Kadjar, Passat, Mazda 6, Peugeot 508 (used...) and they all got something at pick up time, such as alcohol, umbrella, something. I don't mean I can't afford a bootle of wine, or an umbrella... I just mean, I didn't feel as I wanted to feel when I had to pick up my first new car. I was watching YouTube how it looks like, and there were covered cars with a cloth, some surprises.... Come one, Jaguar says it's premium brand, and I think, even Dacia in this position might be better...

About the car:
I feel like Jaguar treats E-Pace as a worse child. I saw new Interactive Dash Display in MY19 F-Pace, and it looks same as in E-Pace, but E-Pace one is much much less configurable and useful. Jaguar IDD is the only system, which is totally useless and there's no difference between manual one. There is no more options! Just digital gauges....
I have manual transmission, and some messages wanting me to put my gear at P...
There is a few apps less in Live, don't know why, and event more, there is no TuneIn and Deezer... why is that ? Deezer is a web app for music.... why I can't listen with that software in Poland?
Some options in remote are disabled....
Dealer promised me, that rear lights will be animated, they aren't....
Car is turning right itself, and driver doors don't fit properly. Looks like I need to take the car to dealer to fix it.

The only thing I really miss, is the map at the middle in IDD, there is only full map mode, which is useless for me, as there is no engine rev informations, so I don't know exactly when to change gear!

For now I feel really disappointed, and if not that I always wanted a Jaguar, I would regret my purchase.
Good Morning Kajoj

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry that learn that you have not had the desired experience with your Jaguar E-Pace.

However, should you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the relevant Customer Experience Centre for your geographical location.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts