Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I contacted local JLR dealer this morning and they quoted 400 euros for the first service.

This amount includes:

Engine oil replacement
Engine oil filter replacement
Air filter replacement
Pollen filter replacement
And workmanship

İs this amount reasonable?

They also will check all over the vehicle if there is anything which need replacement ( brake pads etc.)

Cypriot

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think it's normal price. In Poland it is around this price too.

But... In Poland we have 3 year service free program for all new cars. Isn't it available in Cyprus too? It's called Jaguar Care.

·
Registered
86 Posts
kajoj said:
I think it's normal price. In Poland it is around this price too.

But... In Poland we have 3 year service free program for all new cars. Isn't it available in Cyprus too? It's called Jaguar Care.
Same here in Holland, 3 year service.. no costs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ttc546 said:
Cypriot said:
İs this amount reasonable?
No, it isn't reasonable at all for the actual work to be done, but it is what they charge, and is the price of being in a premium brand......
I have Mercedes Benz SLK and BMW X3 before and their service costs nearly half of jaguar.

By the way I contacted another Cyprus JLR dealer and got following e-mail reply. I think we also have 3 year service free program in Cyprus.

"Savvas Pelekanou <[email protected]>
1.08.2019 Per 11:31

MR Ali E. Ozkamil I have available appointment 26/8/19 -Monday and after .

You have free services until 28/3/21

Kind Regards

Savvas Pelekanou

Service Advisor

Cyprus Premium Automobiles LTD

Jaguar Land Rover Cyprus

7 Larnaca Avenue,Nicosia,Cyprus

Telephone : +357 22586211

Fax: +357 22349952

Email : [email protected]

landrover.com.cy|jaguar.com.cy"

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all,

I went for a service and recalls for my vehicle on 5th of September.

The person which I contacted was outside Cyprus for technical training and when I show their e-mail to dealer service controller to confirm free service he refused that I have aright for free service this time.

His reason as below

JLR maintenance / service schedule cover 34,000 km or 24 months.

Because of my vehicle 26,000km and 18 months old I should pay.

I told him that vehicle warn by message "service needed) what I can do? Of I ommit and engine damaged JLR will tell its my fault.

Btw he said that engine oil and engine oil filter need to change !!!!

I still couldnt understand this, dealer said that service should be done but I have to pay.

Any way I paid 133 euros for engine oil and engine oil filter change.

They did 3 software update ( I dont know what they are because they didnt tell me)

They also proceed 4 recall repairs / checks.

Dealer told.me that 34000 kmh or 24 months service will be free.

Interesting very interesting.

Vehicle warn for service but dealer or Jaguar allege that because of early date or less km they do not do it for free!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Cypriot. I too am in Cyprus. We have the same dealer. I get 3 free services over 3 years and took it in this June for the first annual service at no charge. They fixed other delivery faults quickly and installed a dashcam free of charge too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alan969 said:
Hi Cypriot. I too am in Cyprus. We have the same dealer. I get 3 free services over 3 years and took it in this June for the first annual service at no charge. They fixed other delivery faults quickly and installed a dashcam free of charge too.
Hi Alan,

Thanks for reply,

It didnt bother me to pay 133 euros but the thing which I couldnt understand in their e-mail they mentioned 3 years free service but when I went there they told they will charge for oil service.

I didnt mentioned my previous post but they even not washed the vehicle 😲😲

Hope it will be better next time

1 - 9 of 9 Posts