Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
someone might remember of all my issues with the battery... well they are still there, Jaguar refused to do anything about them and the money they were asking to change the battery was a robbery, so I need to live with what I have for some more time.
I would like to be able to plug the charger on the car once in a while to keep it charged, but the location of the battery (front), the location of the socket (rear) and the parking (driveway) are not really compatible. If I could put the charger in the boot and plug it in there, I could leave it connected to the external socket with no risk for humidity and rain.
But there is no place to plug it in the boot.
So I know that there is a fuse box in there, and I found here the pinout:
https://fusecheck.com/jaguar/jaguar-e-pace-2018-2020-fuse-diagram
Fuse 7 is marked as spare and it is empty. I found that it is connected to this pin:
Electrical wiring Circuit component Electronic component Hardware programmer Machine

Now I need two more things.
First, does anyone know what kind of connector is that one? If I have the code I should be able to find it online somewhere.
Second, none of those pins are connected to ground. There is a screw on the right side, but it's not really accessible and plugging the ground of the charger to the chassis would not be... elegant. Brown cable on top right is ground, but it's really thin and it's not clearly the main one. Doe anyone know where the ground would be? If I need to remove the whole panel to access some grounding point where they are all connected, does anyone know how to remove it and fit it back in place?

Of course if anyone knows of a better point to plug the charger, suggestions are welcomed...

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, not many answers... but anyway, I managed to do it, not too clean but it should be effective. I have connected the positive on one end of the fuse and the ground to the return cable of the 12V socket located nearby, in case anyone else needs a solution... It's not strong (i.e. if you pull the cable it will come off) but it should be fine for now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts