Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me with this issue.....The front parking sensors only seem to be activated when I switch them on , in other words they are not permanently on unlike my wife's car.
Is there a way of having them on permanently as my wife is likely to not realise they are not activated.
Thanks Den.

·
Registered
17 Posts
den said:
Can anyone help me with this issue.....The front parking sensors only seem to be activated when I switch them on , in other words they are not permanently on unlike my wife's car.
Is there a way of having them on permanently as my wife is likely to not realise they are not activated.
Thanks Den.
Hi,
I turned mine on once and they now work all of the time.
The indicator light on the button only illuminates when they are activated by an object an so until you get close to something they appear to be off.
Hope this helps.

G

·
I did have some trouble with the front parking sensors when they would please themselves whether they work or not but after my last software update I noticed that they were not ticked in the dialogue box so I have put them on now and all seems ok

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi,

To manually enable the parking aid system, touch the parking aid icon (2). The icon illuminates while the parking aid system is enabled. Touch the icon (2) again to disable the system. The LED extinguishes.

The parking aid system also activates if:

Reverse (R) is selected on a manual or automatic transmission.

Neutral (N) is selected on an automatic transmission.

The parking aid system can be set to activate automatically for when:

The vehicle's speed falls below 10 km/h (6 mph).

Drive (D) is selected on an automatic transmission.

A transition to and away from Reverse (R) gear on a manual transmission.

To enable the auto on feature, select the settings icon (1) to access the PARKING AID SETTINGS pop-up menu. Select Automatic Front Parking Aid ON.

Automotive tire Audio equipment Gadget Font Line

The parking aid pop-up screen is displayed when a possible threat is detected.
NOTES

The parking aid settings pop-up menu is only accessible when the parking aid feature is enabled, and the parking aid pop-up screen is displayed, see image above.

1 Settings icon: Touch to select the SETTINGS pop-up menu. Touch Parking aid settings to access the PARKING AID SETTINGS screen.

2 Parking aid icon: Touch to activate the parking aid system.

3 Vehicle steering trajectory lines: Projected reversing path, based on the current steering wheel position.

4 Parking aid sensor detection zones:

Grey blocks indicate objects detected that do not pose a threat, i.e., not in a collision path with the vehicle.

Coloured blocks indicate objects detected that pose collision threats.

5 Camera icon: Touch to select the cameras feature.

6 Volume icon: Touch to lower the volume of the beeps for the parking aid system.

The parking aid system assists the driver while manoeuvring the vehicle at low speed in confined spaces. When active, object tracking along the front, sides, and rear of the vehicle is displayed on the touchscreen. The front, side, and outer rear sensors monitor a fixed distance around the vehicle. The inner rear sensors monitor a greater distance at the rear of the vehicle. The four side sensors provide 360° parking aid monitoring along the vehicle's sides, thereby, creating a virtual detection zone.

The parking aid system also detects low objects, e.g., kerbs in the front and rear detection zones. The kerbs are tracked as the vehicle approaches, even when the kerbs are no longer seen by the sensors.

William.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Notwithstanding the issue of having them switched on, I think part of the problem with the sensors is that they take a while to get going!

If I get in my car, start the engine, engage R straight away and start moving I get the camera but not the sensors; if I wait a few seconds after starting the engine and before selecting R and moving off I always get the camera and sensors.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gents, thank you for the help and advice.
I have switched onto auto in the settings and the sensors are ok.

The advice on waiting a moment or two after engaging reverse is also very helpful.

Cheers, Den.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts