Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to freeze my screen today. After selecting reverse on my auto box the rear view camera correctly displayed. However, as soon as I had selected reverse I realised I could get out of my parking space simply by going forward so I immediately moved the lever to drive.

However, when I moved off the still image of the reversing camera screen remained on the screen and none of the touchscreen buttons would work. To clear the fault I had to stop the car and turn the ignition off and on again.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

·
Registered
22 Posts
No, but I have experienced something similar in a Mercedes which I traded in for my e pace, so I don't think this glitch is unique to Jaguar. It always cleared itself after switching the ignition off and back on again and happened very rarely........ Thankfully!

G

·
Hello

Unfortunately this is the ongoing bug ridden ITCP software issues ... that Jaguar should have their arse kicked over, this is the reason why my XES was rejected .. absolutely disgraceful to still have this problem in 2018 on a new model ...

there is no excuses .. even up to the point I nearly walked away from the brand for ever

Go to the dealer and complain :evil:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dealer has already been complained to - and car is going back to resolve this and two other issues next week.

Not holding my breathe on them fixing the camera issue though ...........

My enthusiasm for the car has not been materially impacted at this point.

G

·
gDallasK said:
Dealer has already been complained to - and car is going back to resolve this and two other issues next week.

Not holding my breathe on them fixing the camera issue though ...........

My enthusiasm for the car has not been materially impacted at this point.
So you have a brand new car and the camera does not work .. and you don't hold out much hope :roll:

for Christ sake . just reject the thing and may be Jaguar will wake up and smell the coffee ...

G

·
also what is the other item I have noticed .. the reversing lights do not work

so we have one of the basic electrical control systems known to man in cars and when Jaguar get involved they F*** this up as well
and they have a cheek to launch a electric car .. yea righto good luck with that !

what on earth is going on ! my farthing-law has a Hyundai and guess what every thing works .. also my mate has a Ford and guess what every thing works ....

honestly get a grip

·
Registered
6 Posts
Kaspa it seems like you have joined the wrong forum? Why would you join a forum to then slate the car so much? I picked mine up today and it is a lovely car. Maybe you need to join the Hyundai appreciation society?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Jag Man said:
Kaspa it seems like you have joined the wrong forum? Why would you join a forum to then slate the car so much? I picked mine up today and it is a lovely car. Maybe you need to join the Hyundai appreciation society?
You tend to get trolls on most forums. I decided to ignore him after his first post on panel gaps.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Jag Man said:
When you have high expectations on a quality product ( pretty expensive), it is normal to get
angry and exceed with inappropriate comments.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kaspa said:
gDallasK said:
So you have a brand new car and the camera does not work .. and you don't hold out much hope :roll:

for Christ sake . just reject the thing and may be Jaguar will wake up and smell the coffee ...
Bit of a nuclear option, isn't it?

I REALLY like the car and am enjoying it immensely. Having the reversing camera image stuck on the screen three times isn't really spoiling my enjoyment at all.

All the best.

G

·
Hello

Ok ... I have owned a XES and currently have a F Type and have owned a Evoque in the past

I purchased these cars to support the UK car manufacturing .. and yes I proved a point I rejected my XES because I paid £50k for a car that had so many software faults that had no fix at the current time ...

I am looking at a E Pace but was so frustrating for us that all the faults in the past have now been transferred to the E Pace with still no systemic fix

I am a member of the JEC jaguar club and drivers club .. its all the little things that annoy me that Jaguar should correct then and they can be a better more robust manufacture and be more successful in the brexet period .

Now if most of you are willing to moan and wine on this forum and do nothing about it then all well and good .. but I am not, you all post for answers for faults that we don't have the answers for ...

my point is go back to the dealers in mass and then Jaguar will be forced to improve their quality control procedures .. then we all will have a better car that we deserve.

Also I will not be bullied off this forum with patronising remarks :D

G

·
Bradipo62 said:
Jag Man said:
When you have high expectations on a quality product ( pretty expensive), it is normal to get
angry and exceed with inappropriate comments.
its a forum !!! I am not rude, and entitled to my opinion !
nothing I have stated has been inappropriate .. stop being so over sensitive

G

·
Ewok said:
Jag Man said:
You tend to get trolls on most forums. I decided to ignore him after his first post on panel gaps.
look .. a troll :roll:

the car did have panel gaps .. so was just trying to help so potential purchasers could be aware, if you are happy with panel gaps great ! I am not
also we are still looking at a E Pace for my wife, but I work hard for my money like most of you guys do so just want the quality to the standard that I expect thats all ... is that so wrong ?

all forums have positive & negative comments ... but for me I would like to use the power of forums to make Jaguar improve their quality is that so wrong ?

just talking amongst our selves on this forum does not achieve so much .. lucky for me I am in a position to influence Jaguar, I will say no more then that !!

G

·
Ok

Last post from me

How can I be a troll when I was the 1st to join the forum ? if you find me not welcome

Rob .... please remove my account permanently

·
Registered
6 Posts
I guess we are all entitled to our opinions and yes you are right if there is something wrong we should not accept it and have it put right. There is also so much right with the car as well and it is good to read a balanced opinion. I look forward to reading more reports and hope your wife gets that E Pace you are looking at. I am really pleased with mine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Haven't had a frozen screen yet, but I have a digital dashboard with radio set as default showing in the middle... After my exhaust warning flashed up yesterday I lost the radio display mode and was left with a blank space. Taken a few restarts to get it to come back.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts