Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner

Fuel consumption

17K views 25 replies 20 participants last post by  WaywardFaun 
#1 ·
Hi, I would be interested to hear what other users of D180 are averaging on fuel. I am certainly not getting the 53 mpg touted on the spec. More like 34.

#3 ·
I have a 150D which is also supposed to return 53mpg out of town, although I'm not getting that. To be fair, I never actually expected to get that return as the supposed mileage isn't based on a real world test anyway. I also wonder if the car will become a little more efficient when the engine has been run in - I've done less than 500 miles so far.

#4 ·
D180S Manual

Still early days for me as just short runs so far. Average is showing at 37mpg, which is similar to the Evoque 180D I had previously. If it follows the same pattern then hopefully on longer runs should be looking at around the 45-47mpg, which follows what JagWoman indicated.

#6 ·
MPG should get better as the engine is run in. With my last 2.0l Evoque, around 6000 miles was the time i felt it settling in. MPG, it depends how you drive it, sit at 60 mph you'll get 46-50 mpg for sure but it's very difficult to sit at less than 80 with this thing, that's why i've set up the speed limiters. After my first 1000 miles i'm averaging aroud 37 mpg.

#8 ·
If it's any help..'Honest John' the Daily Telegraph motoring correspondent collects 'real' mpg figures from readers (look on his site), he usually reckons knock 20% straight off the 'combined' mpg and you'll not be too far off. EG: 50mpg combined is real world 40mpg.

#9 ·
The best I've had is 49.2 at a steady 70mph on motorway. This drops to around 44/45 once you get in to traffic. I'm taking it to Southampton from Lancashire next month so I'm hoping to get it over the 50 mark as it's mostly motorway all the way. 180D AWD

#11 ·
The best I have had is 53 mpg on a long run Carlisle to Glasgow in my D180 auto which is slightly better than my Evoque. My concern is that after only 850miles I had to do a blitz up the motorway in order to clear the DPF, never had to do this with the diesel Evoque during the 24000 miles I covered

G
#15 ·
I keep a log of my fuel consumption by filling to the nozzle clicks off each time and the average over 1,200 miles using ECO mode is 35.5 mpg. Worse case was 30.9 and best on a long run was 39.6. The average mpg indicated on the car display is not accurate like all cars I have owned.

It is in line with my expectations as no one actually believes the figures given in the manual, do they ?

My car is the D180 Auto

#16 ·
Lucky you.....I have a 2 month old P200 AWD and am getting 23 mpg !! as opposed to 35 mpg average stated.
Apparently this is the best I will get as the garage has said nothing wrong with the car.
900 miles on the clock now and I have been driving like I am on my driving test the last 700 miles.
Garage said it should improve when it gets past 1000 miles but I'm not holding my breath.
Spoke to Customer services who merely quoted possible mpg achievement under certain conditions. Not interested really!!
Urban mpg not quoted nowadays they said.

Nice overall car otherwise, but this issue has really taken the shine off. Probably my last Jag.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.