Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to the forum and have now had my amazing e pace p200 r-dynamic for about 10 days. It is amazing to drive! The only thing I wanted to get some advice on was the reported fuel economy - even driving in eco mode, I'm getting about 15 to a max of 25 mpg. Most of the time I'm doing inner city, stop start driving. Does this seem right (i know it's a petrol..), or is there something I need to get checked out? Most of the time it's getting just below 20mpg!!

G

·
It doesn't seem right to me at all. I have a D180 Diesel Auto and I know I get 35-40 on average. I know Petrol has more fuel consumption but that is scary !

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am getting 30mpg. Most of my trips are 17 miles rural driving. 15 seems poor, 25 seems about right. I know that the figures in the system are wrong, I go by actual consumption when I fill up. I find the premium petrol gives me slightly better mpg.

G

·
Yes I meant to mention that the only way to check fuel consumption is to fill up right up and keep a log of how much you use. I have an Excel spreadsheet going back with 6 previous cars (geek)

The onboard fuel consumption gauge's are quite inaccurate.

·
Registered
15 Posts
In 6 months ownership and 3600 miles, my D180 manual E Pace consistently records (by checking fuel top-ups against trip mileage - although the dash panel reading is reasonably accurate) 41-43 mpg for local pottering about and 47-49 on motorway/distance driving. I'm using Shell Optimax diesel and occasionally using the odd tank full of ordinary Shell diesel - no supermarket rubbish. Jaguar correctly claims that the manual versions have much better mpg than autos. I find that 1800 to 2000rpm is optimum rev range to give good fuel consumption and keeps the risk of smells from regenerating the particulate filter (as advised by Honest John in the Daily Telegraph) to zero, especially in the first few miles from cold. My wife's 900cc turbo Panda 4X4 struggles to give 35mpg!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All,
I have a P250 auto petrol , daily runs are short 3 - 5 miles, it get around 25mpg. Tank gauge drops like a stone !! on a longer run, 70 miles in eco I was pleased to see 40 mpg..... but the pleasure of the drive and car out weighs the consumption....nothing better than Dymanic/Sport, never mind the consumption. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
"Inner city, stop start motoring". I think you've answered your own question. That type of driving in a new, nearly 2 ton car? I wouldn't expect anything much better than that to be honest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts