Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

Had some visitors over Easter who have some mild disability problems.

Getting out of the EP they searched for grab handles to help them manoeuvre out.

To my surprise there are no grab handles above any of the doors.

I could offer no explanation on why they are not fitted especially on a car that is a little higher for access/exit.

I of course received the comments '£40k car and no grab handles, we will keep our Renault thanks'.

It is not an issue for me as my other half and I have no such problems, however I am curious if anybody has any thoughts on why there are no grab handles or am I missing something?

I appreciate that there is the dashboard mounted grip but this is of no use for access and exiting nor indeed for a passenger to grip under sporty cornering.

Best Regards

G

·
It is a bit baffling and I have the same problem with elderly relatives. I also miss them for hanging up clothes when I am away. The little clothes hook is not man enough.

It's daft not having them !

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm not sure if the position of the curtain airbags may have had something to do with this? The airbag warning symbols on the side of the headlining are pretty much where grab handles would be. Having said that, I'm sure other manufacturers have dealt with this adequately. It would be an improvement if they were standard fittings.

·
Registered
41 Posts
A couple options...

For the hanger, I suggest the "Click and Go" hanger. This came standard with the First Edition and is far nicer than a run of the mill little hook above the door. It even has a button (honestly slightly awkward to press, but whatever) so you can detach it and a hook that pops up to hang it in a regular closet, without ever taking the coat off of it. Jaguar web page people could do a better job advertising their own product for this one...

For getting in and out... for the front seats, one option is to stick a setting onto memory slot 3 to lower the seat all the way... then bounce back via mem slots 1 or 2

Lastly, there are Step-up rails available... I'd get these if it were a common recurrence for individuals needing the extra assist getting in and out... I had them on a previous vehicle that was higher off the ground, and I was glad to have them... have not personally needed them on the E-Pace, but wouldn't think twice if I felt the need...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts