Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I suppose it depends on what your previous car was. Mine was a Discovery Sport on 18" tyres, it was a much softer ride, comfortable but not that confident into the corners. My Epace also on 18" rides firmer but still acceptable comfort along with the positive of it being able to take the corners with ease.

·
Registered
93 Posts
A bit jiggly around town on broken road surfaces but better on the open road. Handles bigger obstacles, like speed bumps, without shaking your fillings out. Definitely optimised for handling rather than comfort, but that's one of the reasons I bought it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Firm ride on R-dynamic 20inch wheels (117,5mm tyre sidewall) with adaptive dynamics but a lot softer than my previous A3 on 18inch wheel (90mm tyre sidewall) ! To me this feels like comfort without giving up the feeling of the road.

·
Super Moderator
110 Posts
I think its a reasonable balance between smoothness of ride and handling. Can be a bit jiggly on rough stuff, but I wouldn't describe it as harsh. R-Dynamic HSE with 20" wheels.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi All,

Having read reviews I specifically wanted 18ins wheels for the best ride - even though there's a lot of tyre!

I've found that the ride is comfortable, not hard or soft on reasonable surfaces ie the odd pothole and rough/beaten up tarmac. What I have found odd is a kind of bouncing/pogoing I get on roads that undulate a fair bit. It was a bit much with the high tyre pressures the car arrived with but is a lot better when it's bang on 35/31 pressures. Handling is a delight and I find myself really enjoying giving it some welly around long tight corners. something I wouldn't have done in the past with quite reasonably specced Ford, Nissan & Vauxhall hatchbacks.

Michael
MY20 RdynS P200 Borasco Grey

·
Registered
7 Posts
Low speed ride on poor urban roads is dreadful, and i love the car. Medium/ High speed ride is very good though. But if they want to broaden the appeal of the car that low speed ride needs work!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Michael-EPace33 said:
Hi All,

Having read reviews I specifically wanted 18ins wheels for the best ride - even though there's a lot of tyre!

I've found that the ride is comfortable, not hard or soft on reasonable surfaces ie the odd pothole and rough/beaten up tarmac. What I have found odd is a kind of bouncing/pogoing I get on roads that undulate a fair bit. It was a bit much with the high tyre pressures the car arrived with but is a lot better when it's bang on 35/31 pressures. Handling is a delight and I find myself really enjoying giving it some welly around long tight corners. something I wouldn't have done in the past with quite reasonably specced Ford, Nissan & Vauxhall hatchbacks.

Michael
MY20 RdynS P200 Borasco Grey
I pretty much agree with the above on my 18 inch wheels anyway. The bouncing/pogoing is however grating at times which I gather is atypical of a lot of SUVs as the anti-roll bars need to be tighter than lower vehicles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.