Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After an unsuccessful attempt at getting down to one car in the house with my wife, after retiring I have given up after 6 month, she has a Peugeot 208 GTi but I wanted a grown up car.
My last car was an XE R-Sport, and this week I pick up an E-Pace R-Dynamic HSE, ex demo from Shrewsbury.
I did have an Evoque 5 years ago, so guys what can I expect with the Jag ?.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi and welcome, I think you will enjoy it, I had an XE portfolio, changed to E-Pace S, changed to E-Pace SE, all from Hatfields in Shreswbury, had a battery problem on XE, fixed with update by AA at home, E-Pace had a battery that started to fail, fixed at Hatfields same morning as reported, no problems at all with current one, but it's had a long rest due to me having to shield for last 5 months, wish you all the best, Tony.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi and welcome,

Have you gone for the diesel or petrol E-Pace?

I've also come from Evoque ownership and despite both cars being based on same floor plan, they are miles apart. I had the old 2.2 diesel in the Evoque and it was a tough engine, very rugged etc.

In the E-Pace I've gone for the 2.0 petrol (200bhp) engine. I've only had it a couple of months now, but it is most enjoyable to drive and very smooth. Drives much like a car, whereas the Evoque drove like a 4x4.

I've already encountered the dreaded 'loud fan noise' problem, but luckily it was covered under warranty. After reading this forum, I've learnt it is a very common problem with the E-Pace, which the dealers do rectify.

All I can say is, get in your car and enjoy it. If you encounter any issues, search on here first, then you can approach your dealer armed with ammunition, I mean information :)

Kind regards,

Rash

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi thanks for the response, I went for the 180 Diesel, after a lifetime working in the Nuclear industry I was not prepared to be intimivated by the green lobby, in fact my XE gave the best mpg figures that I have had in 55 years of driving.
So far all I have done is drive home 22 miles from the dealer this afternoon, get the book out tomorrow and find out how all of the "toys " work !,

·
Registered
31 Posts
Let us know how you get on and if you get stuck with anything, ask on here.

I'm with you on the diesel malarkey.....I also purchased a diesel Evoque when the government was trying to turn us against the blessed diesels!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.