Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have been lurking on here for a while to pick up the pros and cons, plus some hints and tips of the E-Pace. Currently have a Jaguar XE, which is a brilliant car, unless it's a bit icy! As a fair bit of my driving is on country lanes in Gloucestershire and down in Devon, decided to go for a 4 wheel drive.

Have a pretty good relationship with a local dealer and borrowed an E-Pace while my XE was in for a service and update, Planned nicely as I had it for 2 days. Loved the drive and handling so decided to go for it. Checked carwow for prices and as my visit coincided with Black Friday back in November got what I feel is a good deal.

Gone for the S P200 with several options (but wished I had gone with the powered tailgate after reading this forum). Really looking forward to it arriving, which brings me on to a question, how long did you have to wait from building until delivery? I have the end of Jan on my paperwork, but as of yesterday, there is still no news! Almost takes the edge off the excitement. Not even sure how long the dealer will need after arrival to prepare it for handover.

Looking forward to reading and hopefully contributing to the forum.

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've ordered an P200 R Dynamic SE, was told delivery would be 3 months with a confirmation date by the end of January. I'm still waiting for this date 😑 So I'm also interested to hear about other people's experiences.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the welcome. Sorry not the red, went for Yulong white! I saw One in white, with the black pack and black wheels that I thought looked good. Didn't go for the black wheels though as it would have taken the book price above £40k and I would begrudge paying the extra tax!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had an email from the dealer today. Car should be with them on 1st March. They then need 2 or 3 days to get it ready, so have pencilled in Friday 8th for collection. Just over 3 months, if things go as planned.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome! I'm also a new member and still awaiting delivery.

I ordered my P200 in white back in November and it's currently in transport due to arrive tomorrow so that may give you some idea.

Like you, I got mine to £39990 to avoid the ridiculous extra tax but also couldn't squeeze in the powered tailgate annoyingly! I know there are after market systems so I may look to do that, we'll use it a lot for our dog so I imagine it will come in handy!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Old Rascal said:
Had an email from the dealer today. Car should be with them on 1st March. They then need 2 or 3 days to get it ready, so have pencilled in Friday 8th for collection. Just over 3 months, if things go as planned.
Well done - wish mine had only taken 3 months, :lol:

Bet you cant wait :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
spookone said:
Old Rascal said:
Well done - wish mine had only taken 3 months, :lol:

Bet you cant wait :D
Just read your other posts about the delays you are experiencing. Really does take the edge off it. Hope it gets sorted soon for you.

Luis88, the aftermarket powered tailgate is something I will look at, but from what I remember from the demonstrator, I didn't have a problem with opening it. My only concern with anything 'after market' is invalidating the warranty! From what I remember from the XE forum, Jaguar were threatening to invalidate them over having a dash cam hard wired in!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had a call from the dealer today as my car wasn't on the delivery yesterday! They have checked 'through the system' and are hoping it will be delivered next Friday.

The uncertainty during the call, did not fill me with confidence. Is this usual for Jaguar? I didn't have this problem with other new cars.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, the next Friday came and went, received another call on Saturday, saying it had not turned up? I have tried to get some information on what is going on, but not having much luck as the sales manager is off sick!

Hopeful that it will be next Friday is the current answer. Is the supply chain really this bad or am I just being unlucky? Surely the dealer knows what cars are on their delivery? :cry:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's here! Picked up this afternoon from the dealers.

Looks as good as I hoped it would and starting to work out all the toys and settings. Will post a few pictures in the gallery at some point. Going to take a few trips to get used to everything after a manual XE.

Even the wife is pleased, bonus. :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Old Rascal said:
It's here! Picked up this afternoon from the dealers.

Looks as good as I hoped it would and starting to work out all the toys and settings. Will post a few pictures in the gallery at some point. Going to take a few trips to get used to everything after a manual XE.

Even the wife is pleased, bonus. :D
That's great oldrascal! Looking forward to seeing the photos, & hearing your impressions, especially of the engine, as I have a P200 on order.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts