Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day!
I'm not sure if there are any fellow Aussies (actually I am a Pom) on this forum but there doesn't seem to be an Australian one to join. I'm happy to say that I ordered my Firenze Red D180 SE with black pack last month. The dealer informed me that delivery is due in December. That suits me fine as I'm retiring in January and have the Sydney summer to do a few road trips in my gorgeous Jag.

Interestingly we don't get the manual option over here although autos are the main choice down under. We actually have a couple of generations who couldn't drive a manual!! No front wheel drive either. The E Pace is still quite a rare sight here, but I'm sure it will be a good seller. It's got to be the best looking SUV on the road, but that's just my opinion. I'm looking forward to gleaning some useful information from this forum. By the way, I'm a British car nut and also have a 58 Frogeye Sprite and a 66 MGB Roadster. You can take a Pom out of Britain but you can't make him drive Aussie Sh**boxes! :lol:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Ozcub,
My Epace is being delivered on 31st August. It's sailing the high seas at the moment on the car vessel, 'Don Quijote'. The ship has just left Port Elizabeth, South Africa. Once this vessel arrives I think you'll start to see a lot more little cubs on the streets of Sydney from September onwards once the new owners finally get their build, in particular me! Enjoy! :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi snailspace,
Congratulations on your car actually being on its way. Did you get any notification when they started the build? My dealer has a preliminary date of December but I was hoping that some sort of notification is given once the car is on the line in Graz. It's great to see that you can track the ship too. I hope the journey is as calm as it can be - the Cape of Good Hope can be a nasty place. Let's hope they tether the cubs well :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Ozcub,
Thenk you for the congrats. The snailspace has landed in Port Kembla on Thursday 23rd August and should be on it's way to the holding bay. Delivery in the next couple of weeks. Very excited now. You can ask your dealer for a tracking timeline so you know when the vehicle is getting built etc. I also asked which cargo vessel it was being shipped on and tracked the vessel on www.findavessel.com . I bought my cub through Trivett Alexandria and they are so helpful and nothing is a problem. They are so attentive and the service is impeccable. Too easy!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So close! I bet you can't wait. I contacted my dealer today and he sent back a screengrab of the order. My car is due to go on the line in early October with delivery to me scheduled for early January. It's perfect timing as I will officially be retired and can look forward to some amazing roadtrips in my new Cub. Don't forget to add a photo of your car in front of a Sydney landmark :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I've just been told that my car is built and on its way to the ship. Delivery is estimated to be the week before Christmas. Amazingly that coincides with my last week at work before I retire from the workforce. My last commute to work could be in the Cub! How cool would that be? :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It took a while but I've just had confirmation that my Cub is on board a ship off the west coast of Africa and with luck will be landing in Sydney in early December. What a great present for Christmas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Ozcub, I am from Melbourne Australia also an ex pat and a proud owner of an E-Pace P300 since May this year, absolutely love the car. Driven it to Adelaide and back fantastic performance, comfortable. Fuel economy around town is a bit disappointing otherwise can't complain.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ling said:
Hi Ozcub, I am from Melbourne Australia also an ex pat and a proud owner of an E-Pace P300 since May this year, absolutely love the car. Driven it to Adelaide and back fantastic performance, comfortable. Fuel economy around town is a bit disappointing otherwise can't complain.
You can't have 'fantastic performance' and good fuel economy! I'm getting the 180, which is still nippy, but will do up to 47 mpg!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think the run from Melbourne to Adelaide in any car would return good fuel economy, but I have also gone for the D180. I live in a rural area and even a trip to the shops is a long run by city standards.
My car is still on its way - last reported off the coast of Western Australia, and for some reason the ship has been anchored off Fremantle for 5 days. So near yet so far. It doesn't look promising for a pre Christmas delivery :cry:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bad news from the dealer today. Apparently all E Pace's, Evokes and Discovery Sports are held up at the docks pending the release of the new emission and consumption figures from Europe. The cars can't be complianced (is that even a word?) until this information is received for every variant of these cars. A panoramic roof, larger wheels, a different seat configuration and even uprated sound systems all affect the final readings in the reported figures. Most European car makers now have a backlog of testing. I've been told that even though my car may arrive in Australia next week, it will sit on the dock, no doubt gathering plenty of salt air, until February😢. Not happy Jag!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And the news keeps getting worse. Today I found out that the vessel that my car is on is being held off shore because it is contaminated with the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug. Australian authorities are quite rightly paranoid about these harmful creatures coming onto our shores where they could wreak havoc on our crops. So now a late arriving, salt-laden, stink bug fumigant smelling, uncomplied Jaguar is all I have left to look forward to..😣
Things can only get better from here, can't they?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well no, things just got worse😣
The ship is now moored off the island of Bintan near Singapore, where all the vehicles have been unloaded and fumigation on board and on the vehicles will be carried out. It is estimated to take 2 weeks as each of the 3400 or so vehicles have to be treated.

By a rough estimation my car won't arrive in Sydney for a few more weeks, by which time the EURO emissions and consumption figures will be available for my car so it can complete the Australian compliance process.

As an aside, the ship actually passed close by the island of Krakatoa just days before the eruption and the terrible tsunami. Are the Gods trying to tell me to buy a Volvo XC40 instead?? It's a good thing that I am a patient man.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey I'm a granddad and I wouldn't be seen dead in a Volvo.

I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms from my D180 Auto Firenze Red at the moment as I'm spending a couple of months in the Melbourne area and my E-Pace is back home in the U.K. Haven't seen a single E-Pace since arriving three weeks ago so perhaps they are all caught up in the shipping log jam. Hope you get yours soon, Ozcub.

On the plus side, they did have one on display at a stopover at Singapore Changi Airport. Carbon copy of mine.......

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
haha

Anytime you get withdrawals just checkout 'Eagle the E-pace' instagram page.
heres the link... https://www.instagram.com/fatmaggi/?hl=en
and you're welcome.

Ozcub, I live rural also and was going to go diesel but decided petrol. Eagle the E-pace does consume alot of milk but all babies do. You'll be overjoyed when you're little cub arrives. The unveiling in the maternity section of the dealership is the best...so shiney, the fresh smell and new!
You will love it!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the words of encouragement Eagle and mfl. I saw a Firenze Red D150 in Woolongong yesterday (yes, fellow Poms that really is a place!) so was very happy to see that my choice is stunning in the flesh. Only a few more weeks to wait now, unless some light-fingered soul from Bintan Island has a different idea😆

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
After 7 months in the making and shipping, my car has finally arrived in Australia. Now the wait for the new EU consumption and emission figures. Hopefully I will be getting the car next month some time... I think I still want it.... :roll:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts