Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am a member of the XE forum but hope you don't mind me joining this forum as I am thinking, in 12 months time, to chage to an E-pace after having had 3 x XE's.

It will be interesting to see all of your views/posts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Please God, do not buy an E Pace!!!!!

I have one that only has 8000 miles on the clock and it has been back to the dealer more than 10 times with DPF problems. Take a look at the forum as there is soooo much written about it - DO NOT BUY ONE!!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi Chas, I had an XE, 2.0 180d portfolio, changed to E-Pace, (F-Pace was too big for us), I had damaged hip joint and had problems getting out of XE, only had 1 problem with E-pace, faulty battery, while waiting for battery to be replaced chatted with salesman, did deal and replaced with higher spec E-Pace, went from S to SE, car delivered and handed over 4 days later. The problems with dpf only seem to appear mainly on manual 150 models, petrol models have issues with water pump and controls, Tony.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi,

I have changed to the E-Pace from an Evoque (similar sized etc.) and do love it. Obviously it is not as rugged as the Evoque, but it is much more refined and way more comfortable to drive.

In my one month ownership, I have already encountered fan issues, but this was covered by the dealer. I wouldn't ever say to anyone, never buy this because of the issues I've faced.

Also, on Forums (as we all know), people usually only post issues/problems with their cars (that's the point of forums, to assist us in times of need). However, good/positive points are rarely posted.

If you want to try something a little different and you have your heart set on it, go for it. Just try and get a Jaguar approved one, that way you will be covered under the warranty etc. To be honest, if I was spending over £20k on ANY car, I would purchase from the main dealer only and ensure it is covered under warranty, as you never know with ANY new car these days!

Regards,

Rash

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your responses so far. I would not be looking to go Diesel as I do not do the mileage. Also I have a good working relationship with my dealership in Chichester. So we shall see when the time comes as I know they will be chasing me in 12 months time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Similar reasons why I have gone for the petrol version also. Cannot complain really.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Went from XE to E Pace. Much better made. My XE was very porly built...E Pace very solid. Have a 180d no DPF issues at all. I do a fair few miles hence diesel. I love the car...but check low speed ride over poor surfaces...it is not great, but compensated by great poise and refinement at higer speeds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts