Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

I am due to go for a test drive on Friday, I have read in many articles that the e pace is a heavy car, I will be test driving two petrol models the P200 and P250.

I would appreciate some comments of what should I expect in term of power difference between the two models.

From your experience especially the P200 does anyone find the car underpowered ?

Any input very much appreciated.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not driven the P200. I have got the P250 and it fly's. Motoring journalists have to find something to moan about, you don't hear them say that the evoque is heavy and it's the same chassis. In my opinion it's a solid well built car with no rattles and bangs.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The weight thing is taken out of context, comparisons were made between the F- Pace and E-Pace at the time of launch, the F-Pace is lighter but is built on the XE/XF platform which is largely aluminium, as Dave W says, the E-Pace is built on the Evoque platform, which is largely steel, no comparisons ever state this, so get out and enjoy, Tony

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi. I have a 2019 P200 R Dynamic S. The car is very easy to drive with plenty of power even in E mode. When putting your foot down in dynamic or sport mode the car will give you all it has to offer, my wife says frighteningly fast. Very easy to handle and drive with no signs of being heavy. My wife who is small in height has no problem driving the car at all, although it is made easier for both of us with front memory seats. MPG around town and local journeys is 27-30mpg but on a longer journey with a light right foot 35-38mpg. Best of luck choosing and enjoy your test drives. The car was chosen
to keep it below the 40800 UK Car Tax threshold. 140 pound against 500 a year road tax for five years.
P200 R Dynamic S.All season Tyres,Privacy Glass Memory seats. Dynamic Rear Indicators, Spare
Wheel. Metallic Silver paint.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I also have the P200 and driving in Dynamic mode in the city is most enjoyable. No power issues etc. and very smooth acceleration.

I went for the P200, as it has a lower tax band, compared to the P250.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

I went for the test drive.

I found both engines very good, specially in sport mode.

The service I received from the salesperson at the dealership I went to was to very disappointing though.

The search now begins for the car with the right spec.

Thank you all for your input.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.