Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been lots of discussion here about Android and Apple play and if the latest update was installed.
My P200 S is just under 5 weeks old and has the latest update installed from the beginning.
I have two jaguar apps on my phone.
Jaguar incontrol Remote, which I find fun and I think I have no problems with.
AND
Jaguar incontrol Apps which I perhaps don't understand. Within this app I have 17 apps that I could use and have 4 loaded in the top half of the screen. These four then load to my cars screen when I connect my Android Huawei P9lite phone with a cable to the car.
This I thought was how Android play worked. BUT perhaps I am totally missing the point. I don't have Google maps or WhatsApp within the Jaguar app although the are installed on the phone.
Can someone help me. I am beginning to think that the answer is something so obvious that no one wants to make me feel foolish.
I have no pride. I need any help you have. Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jaguar Apps is separate (and perhaps more limited) to Android Auto.

To run Android Auto you need to have the Android Auto app installed on your mobile (from the Android Appstore)

You then connect your phone by cable to the USB of the car. If you have the latest software installed in the car it may well autostart AA but if not you should see the icon for AA on the second screen of the display, pressing this should start it.

If you cannot see the icon for AA or Car Play on your screen then it's likely not on the latest software.

If you do have it installed and it starts up you may notice it is "letterboxed", i.e has thick black bars either side. This can be fixed by enabling developer options on the phone app (Google for instructions) then ticking the box to enable 1080p. Gives the app a much better interface on the car display.

You can then also install Waze and choose between that and Google maps for nav.

Good luck. &#x1f44d-1f3fb;

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
adyp said:
Jaguar Apps is separate (and perhaps more limited) to Android Auto.

To run Android Auto you need to have the Android Auto app installed on your mobile (from the Android Appstore)

You then connect your phone by cable to the USB of the car. If you have the latest software installed in the car it may well autostart AA but if not you should see the icon for AA on the second screen of the display, pressing this should start it.

If you cannot see the icon for AA or Car Play on your screen then it's likely not on the latest software.

If you do have it installed and it starts up you may notice it is "letterboxed", i.e has thick black bars either side. This can be fixed by enabling developer options on the phone app (Google for instructions) then ticking the box to enable 1080p. Gives the app a much better interface on the car display.

You can then also install Waze and choose between that and Google maps for nav.

Good luck. &#x1f44d-1f3fb;
Which Android auto is the correct app.
Looking on the play store there are a number to choose from.
InCar- CarPlay for Android , the image is a car with earphones
This is the top choice although has only 2.4 stars

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts