Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
D-180 R-Dynamic S

Hi All

I get this hesitation when setting off after waiting at a roundabout.

Anyone know if this annoying issue can be sorted, perhaps with an software update or other method?

Thanks
PeteM

·
Registered
27 Posts
This was on the Evoque Forum

It worked for me on my Disco sport, not tried it on Epace

Here are the instructions on how to re-set the memory on your Automatic Gearbox.

1) Press Start button but don't turn on the engine.
2) Press the Accelerator down to the floor for about 15 seconds.
3) Hit the start button again to turn off the power.
4) Remove foot from Accelerator
5) Waity for 2 Mins.
6) Start the engine and Drive.

Simple but very effective- you WILL notice a difference- it re-sets the learnt driving/gear changes back to factory- re do as and when required.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
D 180 R-Dynamic S

Unfortunately the above method didn't work on my e-pace neither in comfort mode or sport mode.
I do wonder if it is auto. box related. If vehicle is approaching a roundabout at say 25mph, I would assume the box would be in 2nd. or 3rd. gear.
No traffic from right, foot on accelerator and no response for 3 seconds, then shoots away fast

Pete

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks BilboBaggins

I do believe the poster Sterto in the thread you indicated may have the best solution, will try his/her method tomorrow and report back.

Pete

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just be careful when you get home and have to reverse into a parking spot. You will instinctively push the selector forward to engage reverse but get first gear instead (because the stick is over to the left in sports mode)
Almost put Kitty into a concrete wall 🙈

G

·
This is my fourth 2ltr Diesel Auto of different makes. They all did this at times. Just as your coming to a halt at say a roundabout and you spot a gap and then transfer your foot from brake to accelerator and nothing happens so you press a little harder and it surges off ! Scarey at times but the answer is to just wait for a larger gap in the traffic ! Safer and less scary 😀

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.