Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
P200 SE Nirvak. Oyster Leather. 20 inch gloss black wheels. Privacy Glass. R Dynamic steering wheel/paddles. 360 degree camera. 350mm brakes. Red Brake Calibers. Boot mat, front and rear luxury mats, 5 year service plan.

Hi all a belated new member contribution from me.

I retired from my job (32 years in it!) in September and come from having a company XE R Sport 180D.
I liked the XE but didn't love it. I'm 64 now and although not in the Prince Philip league I know that I'm not as sharp as I used to be and I am clumsy at parking. I had 3 scrapes requiring 'cosmetic surgery ' in the XE where the visibility and low seating position were so difficult for me.
My wife (who does not drive) loves the image and class of Jaguar so although we considered going smaller and 'green' with a PHEV Mini (the most stylish E/Hybrid we could find), damn it the Jag brand was always going to win our heart even if it costs us £50 a month more on fuel on supermarket trips and seeing the family than a confusing impractical plug in.

I have to say it's the best car buying choice I've ever made, ( and this is the 21st new car I've had in my life)
This car I love. It has the right balance of performance, style, technology, comfort and wow those 350mm brakes! But basically it looks gorgeous.

Here is a little history of the car;

Ordered 16/10/18 Car Wow deal via local dealer Beadles Sidcup
Build date 16/11/18
Delivered to UK 30/11/18
Delivered to dealer 5/12/18
Collected 7/12/18

Fuel consumption ( I live in London so I expect low figures)
Short in traffic trips 12-15 mpg
10 + miles 23-29 mpg
Best figure 37mpg on 25 mile trip on ECO/Drive.

Best thing about the car - well, so many - the classy image, so intuitive even for an old boy like me.

Best Extra - 360 parking aid. Love the view from above so parking and manoeuvres in tight spaces are so much easier for me.

Best standard feature- the Meridian hifi and what about the Mummy and Cub silhouette from the puddle lights in the dark!

If there are any lurkers out there wondering about buying this car, please do not be put off by negative comments. I'm sure for every disappointment expressed on here there are scores more of satisfied owners - the silent majority.

I have attached a few pics for you to see.
Everybody has their own taste in a cars looks so it may not be for everyone, but that is the beauty of a bespoke premium car.

Will comment on any topics that I feel I can make a contribution on.

Cheers and happy motoring!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Interesting to read your comments on the new car, thanks for posting. I have recently ordered a P200 R Dynamic SE, still waiting for the delivery date - I was told 3 months. The fuel consumption looks a little scary, what's the performance from this engine really like?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Very impressed by the delivery schedule. We placed an order 10 days ago and was reassured by the quoted (confidently by the dealer) 12 week delivery. I'd be more than happy if it arrives sooner.
Long story short, we ordered a Skoda Karoq last July on an October delivery, October arrived and then told November, November arrived and told December, Christmas arrived and told, you'll be luck to see before the end of January. Order cancelled and thanks to Skoda we are now looking forward to the Jaguar experience. More good news, the E-pace is £30/month cheaper on PCP than the Karoq would have been.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi jjjitalia.

Performance from P200 is fine. I did consider 250 but on test only noticed a difference on 70+ speeds which is a rarity for me. Also £2k more, premium road tax and increased insurance made it unjustifiable.

You will not be disappointed. 0-60 in 7.7 is more than enough performance.

Enjoy your car and post pics when you get it!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I went for the 250 S and kept it under 40k. Interesting to see your honest mpg as mine gets similar. I assume you've had some snow by now and are really appreciating your new toy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Interesting comments. I went for the P250S and love it. Fuel consumption varies tremendously. I average 26 to 28mpg, with a low of about 15mpg and the best just over 40mpg on a motorway journey of 80+ miles with 4 adults. I will only do 6,000 to 7,000 miles a year, so not worried about the fuel consumption. Previous car was a Audi Q3 TDI 177. Such a dull car and no regrets buying the Jaguar!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts