Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've been reading previous posts for the past month and am ready to order.. I really like the enhanced interior / new screen.
My E-Pace will be a P200 Flexfuel -specially made for the french market- (in order to avoid 20k€ eco taxes due in 2021), R-dynamic HSE in BluefireBlue with the Cloud leather.. pretty much / exactly as shown on the new E-Pace video released a short time ago with panoramic roof, adaptive dynamics, ...

I come from an A3 sportback and really looking forward to driving a Jaguar.
ps : please excuse any syntax/grammatical mistakes I made / I'll make, but don't hesitate to correct me

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Test drive due next wednesday !
I'll drive an E-Pace D180 + a RR Evoque to try the new P200 flexfuel motor and to evaluate the clearsight rearview mirror.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's basically the P200 MHEV with a technology that allows the engine to run with either E85 (bioethanol), or E5 98 RON, or E10 95 RON, or E5 95 RON and you can also mix them.
Apparently designed for the french market.

E85 allows us to avoid eco-taxes because it reduces C02 by 40-50% et NOx as well (~90%), but it uses an extra 20% compared to regular petrol but here it's half the price for a refill at the gas station.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think all the pollution restrictions will give more problems with the engines in the future. Will it perform with E85 the same as with E5 98 RON ? The less BIO in my car the better....

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually it will perform better ! Just compare the octane levels :
E85 102-107 RON
vs E5 98 RON
vs E5/E10 95 RON

But honestly I doubt that we feel the difference (from what I found online expect +5% power).

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ethanol has a better octane value than petrol, so the more ethanol the better (for RON & MON).
E85 has been used for decades in Brazil, the USA and Sweden.. you even find E100 there.

In WRC (Andros trophee) they successfully tried E85, in Nascar they use bioethanol E15 (going for E30) and even in Formula 1 they will use E10 from 2022.
If it's good for them, it's good for me !

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The cub arrived at the dealership, I will collect it on saturday.
I can't wait to see the Bluefire Blue on it with the cloud leather !

I will apply "Colourlock Leather Shield" on the seats right away.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So it arrived today. It's such a brilliant car and a step forward from my A3 (2015) !
The Windsor cloud leather is really nice, the screen is big / clear / bright / responsive and works as soon as you get in the car.
The Bluefire Blue is just perfect on my cub !

The interior is nicely updated regarding the kind of plastics used except on the side panels (where you control the glasses) still made of cheap plastic.

FYI Carplay works only when the phone is cable connected not with Bluetooth alone. Don't get me wring bluetooth works with the phone but if you want to access full Spotify / uour calendar / ggle mps etc you'll need a cable.

First pics here : https://www.epaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1185

I'm glad I had time to use the Leather Shield from colourlock as it started raining today and my 3 y.o. daughter started to put her hands/foots everywhere :) she mostly wanted to drive !

·
Registered
51 Posts
You can access Spotify wirelessly via Bluetooth on your phone, via Media without connecting to CarPlay via a wire, by simply changing source and selecting your phone. Same applies to any of your phone apps such as BBC Sounds for example. You can control volume and use the steering wheel menu arrows to change tracks. You don't get full Spotify functionality of course but I use it just to go through my playlist or to listen to podcasts. Use Mode button on the steering wheel to toggle between radio and playing apps on your phone.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll try that thanks.

update : It worked just fine !
I wasn't connected to InControl that's why Spotify didn't appear in the available medias..

·
Registered
51 Posts
After 3 years I've only just discovered that you can use Intouch wirelessly and get Spotify! Was that an upgrade on the updated software? I've only just had my system upgraded from the older " 4 tile" system to the one where you get 3 tiles. But of course playing through Intouch will consume data whereas it won't through your phone (assuming you're a premium member of Spotify and use download function).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.