Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently stuck with the engine decision...bit worried by the fuel consumption comments. Anyone got the D296 bhp engine? I' be very interested to hear 'real' mpg-thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
In respect to the engine choice its worth working out the price difference based on your usage. I considered the D240 vs the P250 I have. At around £4500 more I then did some calculations. I based them on the worst case scenario of around 24MPG for a petrol and 30MPG for a Diesel.

I do anything from 12,000-15,000 miles a year. Based on doing 15,000 I worked out that with current fuel costs, it would take nearly 4 years for me to spend the extra on fuel. This does not account for slightly more regular servicing on petrol, but I prefer a yearly service anyhow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks, Chris - exactly the same question I had in the back of my mind - Ian seems to have done the work for us. Much lower mileage for me, so looks like petrol option (although looking at some of the posts, manual calculations of mpg seem to come in quite low....but having said that, you don't buy a Jag for its economy!). Not ordering just yet - looking for delivery later this year or early next year...again some posts seem to indicate that dealers are trying to put off orders until later, but as I understand it, UK Manufacture shouldn't impact on the E-Pace model. Ah well, longer to decide.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Iain and D5GUN... the trouble is with the mpg I wouldn't be thinking of the saving in purchase price every time I was standing at the pump...I'd be doing a Harold Wilson..'the pound in my pocket' - I'm losing now!!
I'm now thinking £40k or so on an ex dem FPace V6s diesel for better mpg, it's lighter in weight, sliding panroof (I love and it's not available on EPace), quicker than D240 and P250 and they don't do the V6 diesel in the EPace, only 296bhp petrol (declared combined 35!) scary. I prefer the more balanced look of the EPace, but I think power and mpg swings it for me...maybe!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts