Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new to the forum, I have previously owned a number of Jaguars, always satisfied, last was an F pace, great car only changed last year to the Petrol E pace because of width of garage! I have had a number of issues with he car and have not had a satisfactory answer from the dealer. Two problems occurred, firstly the auto box lost its way and I could not select a gear, after switching off and restarting after a minute the issue disappeared. Secondly when starting, the RPM goes to 1500 rpm and stays there for about 30 seconds, if a gear is selected at this point the car will roll if on an incline, I have never had a satisfactory explanation to either. Any thoughts on the issue.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi airborne
This time of the year it will be the automatic choke coming on, so higher engine revs is to be expected, just think back to yesteryear when we all had a manual choke with high revs on starting.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 2017 P250 has always done this, summer or winter. I assumed it was something to do with emissions on start-up, I easily got used to it but I would be interested reading others suggestions as to the reason it happens...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hello Guys,

High RPM at startup is normal, if car is cold overnight then those high rpm would last a bit longer, when car is driven and then started after a while high rpm for few seconds is normal. like gentleman above said choke like old days so it's an auto choke so don't worry about it nearly all car make models do that a standard behaviour.
Not sure if you have noticed when car is ice cold and auto transmission it would stay in smaller gear for longer again a normal thing.
To bring up engine temperature to somewhat usable settings without destroying internals. Call it a safety mechanism.

Regards,
KJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.