Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

first week of may i will pick up my new jag, a first edition p250 in red caldera
i don't trust the keyless entry, so i ask if there is a possibility to deactivate the system.
has anybody tried?

sorry for my english, it's poor (i do my best)

i am from luxembourg, 62 years, i was owner of a BMW x1 2,5i (6 cyl. 3000 ccm petrol)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, there was a similar thread on this subject over on the F-Pace forum a while ago: https://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3612

The method described for deactivating the keyless entry system on Land Rovers and Range Rovers worked for Jags as well . . . demo video from facebook . . .

The key fob for the E-Pace is a newer, slightly different design than those for the F-Pace, but it may still work.

If you're not sure about doing that, you could always keep your key fobs in a Faraday bag, which effectively inhibits the signal, so has the same result . . makes the car much less vulnerable to signal relay theft opportunists.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hallo
i notice that since update of software, i cannot deactivate the keyless entry. Some one else with the same issue? a solution?
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Just ask your dealer to deactivate it before pickup there is bound to be facility for them to do it.. I think your missing out though as it's super handy to have. I miss it a bit as I have an S model without it and my Old car did.

As mentioned above if it's theft you concerned with then keep the key in a shielded cover.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts